Loooong day ahead

• 16 replies
  • 33 subscribers

Hi all 

Today feels like it’s going to be a really long day. Sundays are days  for going for walks or drives with your hubby/wife but we don’t have that luxury do we. I used to love the long sunny days but now I hate them. Every  you go you see couples walking hand in hand. That should be us. It’s not fair. I’m 53 and feel like my life as it should’ve been is over. 
Don’t get me wrong , I have an amazing son and daughter four grandchildren and another on the way, who I l love spending time with but at the end of the day, when everyone has gone home and I’ve stopped keeping myself busy there’s just nothing. I miss my Dave so much and I swear it’s getting harder. I think the old “time is a great healer” is a load of old rubbish meant to make the people who say it feel better. Or am I wrong  and just having a bad day today? I am grateful for the 25 amazing years that we had but there should have been at least as many again for us to share. 
Just can’t seem to stop the tears today 

Jillian 

• I know for sure that Dave wanted you to be happy. And remind yourself that you are alive! You are a survivor! Life is different? Yes it is. It is not what you imagine it would be? No, I’m sure it’s not. But you have to keep going. Don’t allow yourself to stop. It’s an end bit also a beginning of something new. Let that new thing be beautiful and with that you will be honoring Dave’s life. Stay strong!

• Hello! 
    Always remind yourself what a privilege it is to watch our children’s lives. You and your husband had that chance, even though he was young…

Mu biggest fear is dying without carving any memory in my daughter. She is still a baby and I’m afraid she won’t remember me at all…

My husband’s mother died when he was 4 and he has no memory of her… only the stories he is told. 

So hold on to your children. I know it must be hard starting a new life alone but it’s your path now. Make it a good one and enjoy it. Enjoy every day! Please enjoy every day. 

• Dear Jillybean, many thanks for your kind words and offer of a chat. I really appreciate it. You are right about the ‘alone’ feeling. When I have been amongst family in Huddersfield there have been many times when I’ve felt just as ‘alone’ missing your soulmate is a very different type of loneliness and a feeling I’ve never experienced even though I have known loss before(parents, one after another in1996) After loosing them I lived on my own but had a busy career as a primary school teacher and if I needed a hug I had family and friends close by. 6 years later, Guy came into my life and it truly was the best time of my life. We found each other late in life but it has been magical. I hope one day the memories will be sweet and not the razor blades they are at the moment. We had fun. I’m here too if you ever need/want to chat. 
    thank you so much and ((hugs)) 

• Hi Elfy

Your post so echoes my own thoughts. It’s nearly a year for me on this nightmare of a journey and like you, family and close friends live far away.

Time has not been a healer so far and I doubt it ever will. For most of the last year I’ve been in shock and feeling numb. Now the numbness is wearing off and the reality of a life without Ian is hitting me. If only the numbness could last forever and then life might be more bearable.

It’s strange, some mornings I feel as if I can take on the world and yet others, I can’t even open the curtains. I’ve often read or been told distract yourself and I do try.  However, the reality is that eventually I always have to return to a silent and empty house and for me that is heartbreaking and not the future I want. 

Take care of yourself

Julie x

• Hi. I lost my Dad 2 wks ago. My Mum & Dad were 2gether over 60 years. My Mum is totally dependent on me as my sister decided 2 go on holiday at Dads end of life then argued with my Mum 2 days after he passed & now refuses 2 speak to my Mum. She now feels she has lost a husband & daughter within days of each other. I am so angry with her 4 treating Mum this way. Just a question, what could I do to help Mum thru this time. I want her 2 get her independence back & wondered what would have helped u?