One year

• 7 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Friday will be a year since I lost my wife. A whole year and the memories are strong and painful. It was the most frightening and exhausting time of my life… where has the time gone? I honestly don’t know how I have got this far without her. People are telling me how well I’m doing and how proud they are of me… they don’t see me in the mornings and evenings when I’m on my own. 

• No one sees us as we really are, mornings and evenings are worse for me also, I get told the same by family, but in reality I’m not doing very well at all, using a cliche, ‘just holding my head above water’ is the best I can do. If I cut the grass one day, that’s a big accomplishment, but in the grand scheme of things, it’s nothing really, I just go through the motions day in day out, maybe it’ll get better, I just don’t know, doesn’t look like it at the moment. I am 9 months in and feel no better prepared to face this horrible life I find myself in.

if you’d like, I could light a candle for your Wife on Friday Heart

keep safe and well

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories

• I’m not expecting it to get any easier. I’m lucky to have good people around me but life will never be the same again. I’m not the same person I once was.
     Thank you for the candle, that would be lovely. Hearts️  

• Hello

I don’t think it will get easier either, we just somehow learn to manage better
    if you are ok to give me your Wife’s name, I will say a prayer for her Friday.

keep strong Heart

• Thank you. It’s Becca. 

• Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories

• For Becca
    For Becca

• Thank you so much Arthur. It’s been a tough weekend but made better by those around me. Your candle has given me comfort.