What if????

• 19 replies
  • 33 subscribers

I am a believer that when someone passes away that they are in heaven with the rest of their family and loved ones that they have lost.Heart

I told Pete on his death bed that we would only be apart until l joined him.Broken heart

This belief l have had since my dad died when l was 17 years old. But just lately l am getting really upset by my thoughts.Sob

What if my parents wont be there?Sob

What if my brothers and sisters wont be there?Sob

But MOST fearful what if Pete is not there??SobSobBroken heart

I am in tears, l have always believed that we will always meet up together?Broken heartSob

I told Pete that on his death bed he will not have any more pain, no more hernias, no more stoma, no more pain, and l will be there with him.SobBroken heart

But what if he is not there when l go to him???Broken heartBroken heartSobSob

• Hello Neve

I have these thoughts from time to time, I am not a true believer, so it’s difficult for me anyway, but my Linda was deeply religious, and had very strong beliefs, especially in an after life. So I will accept what she believes as true, Linda, was religious but also very clever, and there was no doubt in her mind whatsoever. When she went to the Holy land on a pilgrimage with the church in 2016, she saw Jesus walking on the water on the Sea of Galilee, which moved her immensely. I am certain that no one who passes from this world will continue to suffer or have any pain, which is a big comfort on its own. It’s normal I believe to question such things, but for me, I have total faith in my Linda’s beliefs, and that’s good enough for me.

would it help to talk to a priest at your local Church ? 

thinking of you x

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories

• Hi ArthurD

I do believe in god always have, but l do not go to church only on  weddings, funerals ect.

I know as your Linda was very close to religion, l personally  could only ever feel that dedicated to Pete and my family, weird comparison l know. The hospice that Pete was in at the end offered counselling. l myself studied counselling for 2 years. I had counselling when my mum died, for me at the moment l am in a bubble where everything is just so hard.

Have a peaceful day.Heart

• I often have those thoughts too about whether we will be reunited. My husband's faith was very strong but mine not so much since I lost him. It's something that can really hurt, the thought that I won't be with him again. 

Look to the moon.
    Can't imagine any future without my soulmate
  • There is no pain like it, l also think that also because Pete has always been by my side, we were only ever apart if one of us was in hospital, and to be honest that was more often Pete. Other than that he was the one that consoled me, my other halfBroken heartHeart.

• We were the same always together 

Look to the moon.
    Can't imagine any future without my soulmate
  • I lost both my parents when I was 13 and I lost my husband at 20. He didn’t get the chance to find out he was going to be a dad again. And I fear that he will never know, I never believed in an afterlife but I keep telling myself that there is one. One where my parents are welcoming Nathanial as a son-in-law right now. One where your dad is welcoming your Pete. We go through life without ever knowing. And that’s like loosing him all over again. 

I hope that one day you’ll meet him again.

Ivy x 

• This theory has a lot of believers. Honestly, I also think that after someone passes away, his soul is still living among us, reuniting with others he loved. Also, this is the theory our beloved priests from https://firstchurchlove.com are teaching us. My grandfather died not so long ago. Honestly, I believe his soul is still among us. Anyway, these are just speculations, so I've shared my point of view on this subject. However, I am really interested to know if there is anyone else who also thinks the same.

• Hello

Yes there are, society and the church reinforce the belief of an afterlife, I so desperately want to believe that, when I talk to my Linda, I tell her, when my time comes I want to join her for all eternity. But part of me finds it very difficult, it relies purely on faith and belief, as it will never be proven. The alternative to an afterlife, of a non existence, non awareness, nothingness, is too horrible to contemplate, but it could be true. Steven Hawkins, said that our belief we have a soul and a conscience, is purely electrical impulses generated by our brain. But I don’t think anyone wants that to be true, the concept of a non existence after death is terrifying, I think about it sometimes and can’t imagine, my thoughts and memories, dissolving into oblivion when I die. So as it can do no harm at all, I will cling to my Linda’s belief in an afterlife, if nothing else this belief gives us hope, which is so important.

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories

• Thank you, sorry that l have not replied earlier. Just have my moments, but l really do hope and pray that we are together again. I miss him so much 9 months now since l lost him seems like a life time.Broken heart

• Hi ArthurD

I really do believe that there is an after life, l have thought about it since l lost my dad when l was just 17. Some where beautiful, peaceful, happy where there is No pain or sadness: where family members meet and are united once again for all eternity. But since Pete passed away l am frightened that when l pass l will not see him. I think that it is because l love him so much and miss him beyond compare, that l worry. 

No one as ever come back to say if there is or is not a heaven. So l for one desperately need to believe there is.Broken heart