Hate it all

• 23 replies
  • 32 subscribers

Deleted it all. Feel like deleting myself too Cry

• Thank you

yes at times it’s impossible, I so want to get the family photos scanned, all winter I said, “a perfect job for the winter” but just couldn’t do it, did whatever I could to keep myself sane, and avoid things that I know would set me back…..One Day, fingers crossed……

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories

• Same with me, In-laws and sisters have not been in touch since funeral apart from wanting Robs ashes(no way).  They’ve also not contacted their grand daughter, every month she messages them and barely gets a response. 

To me it is their loss.  They have missed so much of my daughters life over the last few years.  They promised Rob a week before he died they would treat her as a grand daughter, they had ignored her for a few years. 

I feel sad that they don’t want to know us but then hey ho ho I have my friends who are amazing.  Yes there are some who at the funeral said come and stay and let’s keep in touch, people fall by the wayside in life normally anyway.

Through this forum and another forum I’ve met some lovely people who are in the same boat, it’s good to chat and meet up and just have a good laugh now and then.

House move day to day, wish me luck! 

• Wishing you a safe move, good luck Thumbsup

• Thank you so much Andy. I am sorry that you feel you have been dropped too. It is almost as though they regard you as having died too. I have a back injury and I use a wheelchair for distance. So geFlusheding stuff is really difficult. I use deliveries a lot. But I wonder just what some people think I do - how I magic up supplies. But you would think there would be a few acts of kindness. There are bFlushed from unexpected places. My sister in law came over here for Christmas and wanted me to keep my husband’s birthday (22nd December) free to do something with her. And then stood me up FlushedFlushed. Leaving me here alone. Until a friend rushed over. 
    Xx

Viv

• Good luck with the move! Xxx 

• Keith, I agree with that 100%. Just people to spare a moment or two to connect. A quick message is all it needs. There is not enough of it. When it does come I have found it comes from unexpected places. I am tempted to say we should form a WhatsApp group but we are probably too diverse a group of people. 

But I have been really disappointed with people. Upwards and onwards. I have just been varnishing some wood. And I have some 3 in one to treat the grass - which badly needs it. I will pretend the weRofls are those people that have dropped me Joy . Tell me which weeds you would like to represent people that have let you down Joy.

Viv

xx

• Hi Viv

I do understand being let down, due to our situation, it seems to have more effect. When one of my children plan to visit, I get anxious every time, can’t seem to control it, but when they cancel and rearrange, it’s worse, can’t easily explain the emotions, although it’s not being abandoned, it somehow feels like this. Before my Wife passed, changes to visiting dates were never an issue. I guess I ‘gear myself up’ for the visit, then feel terribly let down when it’s cancelled. It’s going to be a long hard road ahead.

the sun is shining outside, lovely and warm, should make me feel better, but in all honesty, it doesn’t. Cold sweat

keep safe and well x

• Hi Neve,

Oh it does seem so cruel! Hugs to you. But you know - this seems to happen to so many of us. It makes me think that there is some genetic thing in it. Survival mechanism. Well I am not going to die off to suit them. I intend finding some way to thrive, just to spite them Smiling impSmiling imp

Viv

• That is exactly it. We gear ourselves up to something. Because we know it will help us cope with time. It will help us fill the hours. And then something changes and the plans alter. And we get (seemingly) overly upset. Because we have to turn to and think how to fill the time. I hate that I feel like this. But I am going to do my hardest to try and live a bit. I have a varnish brush to clean and some people - sorry  - lawn weeds - to sprinkle weed and moss killer on Smiling imp

Viv

xx

• I have heard nothing from anyone today, really sad isn’t it ? Listening for the wattasapp tone, to know someone cares enough to send me a message Cold sweat a wattasapp group doesn’t sound a bad idea, wouldn’t want it to stop us chatting on here, it could work, can always leave if it doesn’t suit. Be careful with adding emojis, if you add your own, you have to edit it to delete the extra ones it puts in….Sunglasses it’s safer to use the forum emojis, but prefer my own Thumbsup