6 weeks on

• 2 replies
  • 27 subscribers

So it’s six weeks since my hubby Chris passed away at the local hospice, who were amazing to all of us.

Unfortunately our dog passed 16 days later too. So a very quiet  home now.

Trying to keep busy but god it’s exhausting. The tears come readily at the slightest thing. 
Im sure this is normal. Today I’ve walked nearly five miles listening to music with ear pods in. 
Roll on the better weather, I’m sure I’ll feel better.

• Hello

i am sorry, as you know this is a pain like no other, of course it’s normal to cry, I have cried in the past 9 months more than I have ever in my life.

I can’t say I get good days, just days that I can actually get through, without having dark thoughts I started CBT therapy two days ago, sessions are weekly, usually for 6 weeks. I am not sure if opening up about circumstances surrounding my Linda’s passing has helped at all, it seems to have made me a lot sadder. I have been on the verge of crying all day, and just now it overwhelmed me and I burst into tears. Some say grief counselling, which this isn’t ( Cognitive behavioural therapy )helps them, but I just don’t know. My Family are supportive, but to a point, they all have there own busy lives, didn’t hear from anyone yesterday, then one text today “ how are you” ? I don’t expect them to be my Carer’s, but it’s so easy to feel abandoned. O what ever help you need, GP counselling or family support, ask for what’s best for you.  I often describe myself as feeling ‘Numb’ found this description in an article

numbing’. “We are in life but not of it. You can see, but everything is behind a veil or a wall. Please feel free to come on here anytime you feel the need, have sent a friend request then can PM me if an open forum is too difficult.

take care of yourself x

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories