I still hate Sundays

• 14 replies
  • 30 subscribers

Tomorrow will be 104 weeks since Colin died. The actual date is 5 April, but it was a Sunday when he rapidly deteriorated. The day before was a canny day. The weather was good and he sat by the window looking at the daffs in the garden for a while. None of us knew that was going to be the last time he would see it. 

The daffodils have been plentiful again and I managed to cut the grass a couple of weeks ago, not quite to his standardGolf but at least it's been done with my toytown size lawnmower Smile I just can't get the petrol one to start Triumphand am too impatient to wait for the lads to find the  time Rolling eyes

2 years on and I still hate Sundays, going to bed on my own, getting up on my own and still cry on my own- though not as much or as often as I used to  Sleepy oh and overthinking too! 

• Such a relief to know I’m not alone- I hate Mondays and the 19th of every month. April marks 18 months for me. My list of hates is very similar to yours, and yes I cry less but strange things still trigger tears.

Well done for cutting the grass- I’m ignoring mine until the son of a friend who took on that task for me can get here to start. Chris would be appalled so I apologise to him at regular intervals.

Sending hugs

Jane

x

• Heading to the cemetery soon to see friends a family who can make it for Colin the caterpillar cakes and port BugWine glasson the 2nd anniversary of loosing Colin.  Had some lovely messages from his work colleagues today but I wonder if they would've still been in touch if me and 2 of his lads hadn't posted memories?  Maybe that will be a test for next year??

Hopefully I've got most of my tears done for the day and won't make a show of myself this afternoon Rolling eyes xx

Tomorrow is another day
  • Sending love and hoping today has gone as well as you wanted it to. Xx

• D'you know what, it's been a lovely afternoon with all the right people calling along at different times remembering their dad, grandad (even though they're so young)friend, brother and acquaintance Heart eyes I feel really proud and happy Heart eyesBouquetTulipBugWine glassxx

Tomorrow is another day
  • So pleased for you. Sounds lovely Blush 

• It's funny the things we learn to hate.

For me, it's the 18th and the 23rd.

Margaret was diagnosed with a kidney tumor on May 18, 2012. It was removed June 18, 2012. She was diagnosed with mets to her L5 vertebra June 18, 2014. It was debulked July 18, 2014. She had rods and bolts inserted between L2 and the sacrum at the same time. We were told it had spread to L4 and L2 December 18, 2015. They discovered more mets in her lungs May 18, 2017. August 18, 2018 we were told that the remnants of the initial tumor on L5 showed accelerated growth. 

I really hate the 18th.

Margaret passed peacefully on July 23, 2019. On October 23, 2019, her mother, Dawnie, passed and then 3 months later (to the day) my mum passed on January 23, 2020.

23rd's not high on my list either.

For all that, I know Marg would be so proud of our family in the way that we remember her, love her and honour her memory in how we continue to do what she did best - love us all unconditionally.

You would be so proud Honey. XXX

Ewen :-)

The day after your journey ends, the sun will still rise.
    As will you.
  • Bloody hell!!! I'd want 18 deleted from the world too!! You'll have to reverse the number to 81 if you ever need to use it Wink-same with 23- always to be known as 32 Upside down

A lady I've met at the cemetery can't stand to write '16' - so she will do the 6 first then put the 1 in front Slight smile  x

Tomorrow is another day
  • I HATE Sundays as well, my father died on a Sunday and my darling Pete died of secondary stage 4 lung cancer on Sunday 17th October 2021:(.  I totally understand and agree with what you are saying. I have never felt pain and heartache as l have since Pete died. I have had a bad evening tonight, one where l do not know how long l can go on without him. :(

• Hi Neve.  I hate Sundays too as a Sunday was the last day I spoke to Nic as I left him at A and E in the morning.  The next time I saw him was the next day when he was unconscious and I watched him slip away.

I too had a bad day yesterday and was thinking that I should sort everything out asap so I can leave it ok once I'm gone (sooner rather than later was my thought yesterday).  Had a better day today thankfully.