How can l carry on without him?

• 34 replies
  • 34 subscribers

Today is a day when l am feeling totally lost. My husband of 48 years and partner of 49 years, is really hitting home, l lost Pete in October 2021 to cancer. At this moment today l don't know how l can carry on without him. I have two loving sons and their family's, but it does not ease the emptiness that l am feeling. Is it wrong to want to be with him? even though ; know it will be devastating for my family if l was to join him? we were together since the age of 16, my first love and my last, how do you carry on from this?

• Daft is GOOD, anything that helps it is very good. x

Primary School Teacher - you must be mad, the kids I can imagine are fun (in parts), their parents less so, and jumping through hoops for the paperwork Rage

Grief is going to take time, and going back into a stressful job full time is not going to do you or the kids any favours. Then again taking any form of emotional advice from an engineer (not renowned for people skills) is probably not going to end well Slight smile

• Yes I agree re work. I thought I'd be back now as I've been off since Adrian was diagnosed so off since Xmas. But we've had so much to deal with process I haven't the headspace yet.

Your reply indicates you do have people skills and  I"ll take all advice especially from people who get it. I've started a journal writing things down to see if that helps. Daft idea again!

Hope you get through the day okay. And thanks for the advice

• Hi it’s Kim 

So sorry you lost hubby! I have found myself unexpectedly on this forum as last time we spoke Tim had completed radiotherapy and was stable waiting for next review. Three weeks ago he got a secondary pneumonia and died suddenly after four days . The kids and grief are overwhelming. His funeral is on Tuesday , delayed fir American family to be able to travel. 
    kx

• Oh my goodness Kim I am so so sorry to hear that news. It's so terrible and I know how horrific it is. I'll.look to see how we can private message each other if you like as we may be a good support to each other xx

• I am so sorry Kim to hear your sad news, it’s really so unfair.
    sending you love and strength x

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories

• Yes that would be great! I am not good at negotiating this website so if you can I would def agee. We have started this horrible experience together so would be lovely to keep Going together k x

• To private message, just click on Kim’s name, then click on Connect and chose Private Message, be careful when pressing return, as it sends the message, unless you untick “send by pressing return” Thumbsup

• Thanks Arthur! I am pretty rubbish with IT and dint use social media so your guidance is lovely! I am sending you light and love and positive vibes as a way of thanks x

• Thank you Kim, and you’re most welcome, any I.T. Troubles send me a P.M, might be able to help Fingers crossed

• Hello

nothing is easy, Linda always so loved the garden looking nice, the lawn had to be mown with stripes. Before Linda and I got back together in 2005, I just mowed the lawn haphazardly, always missing bits and going over what I’d done, but Linda showed me how to simply go back and forth and the result looks awesome, lovely stripes, just like on the lawn feed box pictures Joy
    so that’s how I do it now, I always imagine her at the patio door, watching, when she was well enough, always made me a drink, so miss that, it hurts like crazy Cold sweat although I do try to do everything up to Linda’s standard, in the way she liked things done. The only exception is housework, I have slipped badly, but hopefully eldest daughter will continue to visit once a month a have a housework day Fingers crossed
    It hurts being in the home that we made together, so so many reminders, but on the other side of the coin, it’s very comforting, remembering all the things we did together, nothings easy…..we just do our best and what’s right for us.