Netflix, Amazon, Disney, Iplayer & Catch-Up recommendations Feel free to add any Please

• 13 replies
  • 28 subscribers

wondered if it would be useful to others to have a list of recommended TV, this is just some ideas, based on what I have watched recently, if it’s popular, it could be added as a Sticky, keeping this post at the top, I have added the word ( Caution) to some titles where there is some violence, which may not be suitable for everyone. Maybe if anyone adds some, can use the post title to show the film or series name, will make it easier, with details in the post.

comments invited if this is something we want, thanks

Netflix, Amazon, Disney, Iplayer & catch-up

Iplayer

Call the Midwife Series 1-11 Period drama

Fawlty towers Series 1-2 Comedy

Line of duty Series 1-6 Crime drama

Peaky Blinders Series 1-5 Crime drama (Caution)

Around the world in 80 Days Series 1 Period drama

Battlestar Gallactica Series 1-4 Sci Fi

Mary Poppins Returns Movie  Fantasy

Black Adder used to be on Iplayer, maybe it’ll come back, highly recommended 

Netflix

I.T. Crowd Comedy Series 1-5

Shits creek Comedy Series 1-6

Orange is the new black Series  Prison drama

Lost in space ( remake ) series 1-3 Sci Fi

Money Heist Series 1-5 Thriller (Caution)

The Crown Series 1-4 Period drama

Designated survivor Series 1-3 Action thriller (Caution)

Bridgerton Series 1 ( S2 2022) Period drama

Locke and key Series 1-2 Fantasy

Snowpiercer Series 1-2 (S3 2022) Sci Fi fantasy (Caution)

Don’t look up Movie Sci Fi (Caution)

ITV Hub

Good Karma Hospital Series 1-3 Period Drama

Amazon

The Expanse Series 1-6 Sci Fi (Caution)

Disney

Lost Series 1-6 Fantasy (Caution)

The Simpson Series 1-32 Cartoon

Toy story movies 1-4 Animated

• I love the idea but I kind of think we all have different tastes, so not sure that any of this can be relevant to anyone! (and thanks for reminding me about the expanse, I need to get back on that)
    Random additions to the list:

Netflix

The Cook of Castamar (Spanish Historical Drama series about a widower who fins love again, recommended to me  and it was a pleasant change of scenery from my usual lists)

iPlayer

- Frankie Boyle's New World Order (Caution)(because he's so funny and on it)
    - Portrait of the Lady on Fire (superb french film)

Channel 4

- The year we forgot to save the planet (a tad depressing but mostly fun and informative)

Disney+

- Bobba Fett book (the new Mandalorian series)
    - Malcom in the Middle (great for the family)
    - How I met your Mother
    - Wandavision

xx

• Thanks Antoine ( sorry for calling you Steve )

will have a look through those, I realise we all have different tastes, but TV can be a good distraction and could save time searching for something new, so thank you

P.S. How I met your Mother was recommended to me by a family member, but found the acting a bit to O.T.T. Depends a lot on frame of mind I think Sunglasses

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories

• Yeah I see what you mean with How I Met. I've gone back to it because my daughters are into it and I quite enjoy the lightness of it all (compared to the Expanse for instance) which is what I ask from TV most days! It's also a bit special because I watched that show when it came out in 2003 maybe and always identified as the couple in the show, because that's who I was at the time. Now I'm trying to identify with the single characters and it gives me hope somehow.

PS My name is Antoine but you can call me Steve, I don't mind (if I can call you PatrickStuck out tongue)

• Hello

Comedy is a very personal thing and can hold different memories for each of us, and also changes with mood.

And of course that’s ok Smile

best wishes

’Patrick’ Wink

• RoflRoflRoflRofl

Tomorrow is another day
  • O nly Fools and horses RoflJoy

Tomorrow is another day
  • Thanks BootsyD
    The text is partly hidden by the images, is it just fools and horses ?
    I absolutely admire this series, I have the complete box set, plan to start watching them again soon Thumbsup

• Yes, Only Fools and Horses! I was trying to find a meme of Trigger calling Rodney Dave but cos I'm no computer wiz I couldn't pinch 1 from fb Joy 

Father Ted is a great series too!!

Tomorrow is another day
  • Hi all just watched first series of Ricky Gervais afterlife couldn't watch it with Lynne when it came out the story was too upsetting but read the reviews about the third series and thought I'd give it a go and although I cried at certain points, it was very poignant I found it very comforting and I haven't been able to watch a comedy because I can't bring myself to laugh, but if you haven't seen it I'd give it a go, it's on Netflix, best wishes terry

• Thanks Terry

Just the title is worrying, will give a go in the earlier part of the day I think.

thanks