• 11 replies
  • 27 subscribers

I have several New Year resolutions, that are important to me,  I would love to be able to keep, get out of bed earlier than 1130am each day, have more enthusiasm & get on with various unfinished projects, go out to a coffee morning or meet up, be stronger and control my anxiety and depression better. But feel I won’t be able to many much of this at all, maybe start with getting up at 1030am, that’ll be tough in itself, as every day seems so pointless, it’s such a struggle to just get out of bed, keep thinking “ just 10 minutes more then I’ll get up” , which of course I don’t. I really truly never realised how totally devastating losing a partner is, I lost both my parents and parents in law, and the grief was nothing like this.

I can’t say Happy New Year, that would be superfluous and too trivial. I do wish everyone the ability to manage 2022 with a greater strength, take comfort in the love you shared, and embrace treasured happy memories.

May the New Year bring you comfort and peace.

• Hello Melanie

Family are supportive, but as you say there’s only so much they can do.

I actually took my anti nausea meds over the last couple of days, I actually think it helped, although just a subtle change in my mood can solve it. I dread the thought of being I’ll on my own, worse than that if it’s something serious, don’t have family that can care for me, have bust lives and or live too distant, so will just keep my fingers crossed.

Had kidney stones a year ago and again in October 21, excruciating pain, went to A&E, stayed overnight,  CT scan confirmed one had moved down, causing problems, another CT scan a month later showed it had Gone, but was told I have a Inguinal hernia, which may explain why I’m still getting the occasional pains in my groin, waiting for a contrast dye CT scan to see what’s up, but if it’s the hernia, may involve surgery, which scares the life out of me.

getting an intermittent tooth ache, which changes sides of my mouth, saw the dentist just before Christmas and he ground a tiny bit off the top of a tooth, he said he thinks the upper and lower are pressing against each other, as one tooth is a little mobile. But it could be the Citalopram, as listed as side effects are dry itchy eyes & dry mouth lips ( have this thank you)  and may cause dental problems, so just don’t know, will phone tomorrow and discuss what I should do, but you on,ybget to talk to a receptionist, not the dentist, oh well see how it goes…….must be an age thing, falling apart Tired face

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories