at a loss

• 30 replies
  • 33 subscribers

Hi everyone, I am  a new member of your group Alas. I lost my husband last Sunday night . He was diagnosed with cancer of the bile duct on the 22nd of November 21.We were married 58  years  and I can't face his absence .How can one cope? Thank you for listening.

• I decided not to watch it, and definitely won’t now but then watched Succession, a series Mart was always saying I should watch, he was looking forward to series 3. Why didn’t I just watch it with him? Because, I spent too much time researching anything I thought might gives him more time. Yet another regret. X

• I dud watch it, when i lost my hubby two years ago now, i was the same as you.

Now its on my play list and i play it quiet often and try to sing to it, the words, are so meaningful, i do not cry at it now, just a lump in the throat.. music has been a part of my  life, though now the play list contains OUR songs, yes i shed a few tears, when memories come flooding back. and also a little smirk[ appears when a song brings back memories of OUR younger days.

One day at a time is the way forward.

I wish you a smooth path ahead.

Take Care Ellie x

• Hi

i have many regrets, but been told I must not concentrate on them, as the past can’t be changed and causing unnecessary suffering. We need to concentrate on the positives, the good times, that’s what I do as much as possible, getting upset over things I did or didn’t do, doesn’t help me one little bit. I will have a look at succession, be handy if there was a post maybe for TV recommendations, most have Netflix I think.

keep safe and well

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories

• How unfortunate have we all been to lose a loved one during a pandemic scared to see our family and they are scared to see us, because if we are poorly we are living alone no one to even make us a cup of tea 

• Just having a debate with my children how to spend tomorrow evening its just so unfair all of this,some of my family have had covid and they are genuinely scared to mix  but they also don't want me to be alone what do we do x

• Hello Jayne

not an easy decision, I am terrified of catching Covid, just don’t know how I would take care of myself, especially with long Covid, I don’t need any more challenges, any mixing involves an element of risk, just don’t know, we’ll all have to make our own decisions, as tough as they are.

• I just don't think I would cope with covid, barely looking after myself at the moment I must be run down not eating properly stressed and upset x

• Hi Jayne

So I think maybe you need to protect yourself, the consequences of catching Covid will not be good. I’m going to drink a toast at midnight tomorrow to my Linda, then bed, safe and sound.

keep safe and well

P.S did you see my friendship request Sunglasses

• This was the decision I came too, so I will thinking of you all as I do this so good luck to all of you, we all know its going be a tough start to a new year xx

• Hi everyone, as I’ve mentioned before my 5 year old granddaughter lives with me, when in school, children this age have no idea of social distancing, so the greatest risk of Covid coming into the house is from her, thankfully not happened yet, but if it does, it does. 
    New year, will involve the 3 of us, maybe going to the beach, my daughter fancies a New Years swim, returning home, putting a few logs in the fire pit, toasting some marshmallows and having some sparkles and fireworks for the little one, and a glass of wine for the grown ups, hopefully making a happy memory. 
    All my best to you all, I wish you only good things.

Linda x