Today

• 15 replies
  • 30 subscribers

Hi All 

We have all got through this day! All with different difficulties. I looked at FB memories and saw Ric just a couple of days before he died. I hadn't realised how Ill he looked and was really.

We had a covid Christmas, Hannah opened her presents masked and socially distanced. Dinner opposite end of the room but mainly in her room! Teenagers donthat anyway. 

Boyfriend with his kids but they fell out! Lol. My friend has just messaged. She is coming round now as fed up with the divorced humdrum! That will be nice. 

I hope you all had some enjoyment in this long old day. 

I also miss my first husband who died a few years ago now but always feel my children miss out. 

My mum did her drama but settled on my brother's! 

Love to you all and remember no matter how hard, we all did it xxx

• This was my 2nd Christmas without my husband as he died a few weeks before Christmas 2020.

My way of coping may probably be deemed flippant by some of you but I know my husband would be the first to have laughed at the image...

Totally unplanned last Christmas a 'Naughty Elf' came to represent my husband, it is given a small chair to sit on and quietly presides over the day. An engraved tin that contains some of Mark's ashes (cremains) that usually sit beside my bed remain alongside the Elf throughout the day.  

At all times we are aware that the Elf is merely symbolic ... he is an amusing but tangible presence of the memory of Mark and as such is included in any group photos taken on the day.

Yes, outwardly it's a cheap toy!   But to us it represents Mark, He would be laughing to see our way of including him, remembering him and honouring his memory without sadness .... and I can save the tears  for when I'm alone. 

NYE his small tin of ashes, along with the memorial jewellery I wear will also be close to me as we move into another year that my beloved Mark will not get to see ♡

• Hi Pooka 

What a great idea. Anything that makes us cope! Wink I also did the picnic on Boxing Day and it was a brill thing to do. 

Today is the anniversary of Ric's death, 2 years. I am not especially sad. I feel I have grieved now. I am sure that it is him that has sent me a covid positive test today though!! He would want me to be fed up and sad for him!!! He had a selfish steak! So now I won't have to worry about New Year as I will be stuck at home probably alone as my children should be out of isolation! Now that is depressing! But hey ho!!!  

On the plus,bibdo not feel unwell but frustrated as I am not one for staying at home doing nothing much. The house is already clean and laundry done! 

Take care everyone

Love and hugs Alison xxx

• Alison

Sorry you are stuck with Covid but hopefully you don't feel too sick... Maybe on NYE you should just stock up on drink, chocolates anything else that you can indulge in (calories don't count at NYE especially if you are ill) grab the remote control and indulge yourself.... if the programmes are c**p just launch the remote control towards a soft surface!

Sending you positive vibes from Wiltshire...

Mym x

• Hi Pooka, not flippant at all if it helps you get through. My way isn’t quite so complex, when my darling Sharon was admitted into hospital with pleurisy she missed our little yorkie terribly. So I bought her a yorkie teddy on line, high loved as she could stroke it whilst laying in bed. Now she is gone the teddy is now my comfort when I go to bed, because it helps me feel my Sharon is close. The other thing I do is spray a little of her favourite perfume on her pillow next to me. I find these things, however strange to some, help me get by. 

take care all, best wishes.

Paul x

• AHH thank you Mym 

I don't feel too bad, more of a cold coming with a frontal headache! 

I have plenty of chocolate and alcohol so that is one option! I fear you are right about crap telly! 

On the positive note, having it will give me better antibodies, I am not in favour of being continually jabbed, although I did have to have them! And I won't have to have another PCR before my hip replacement as I will have a false positive! On a negative, I now have to wait 9 weeks and it seems a long time in pain when it was 4-6! But I can't change that! 

Have a good new year xxx