8 months and it’s getting harder

• 2 replies
  • 27 subscribers

It’s 8 months on, 14months from diagnosis and all the trauma and feelings are still there. I wake up in the night and my mind drifts. I can’t face Christmas this year but I am spending it as we always did with Becs family. 
I just want to curl up and stay in bed. My saving grace at the moment is my pup. She’s 3 1/2 months old and keeps me on my toes after losing our two senior dogs a month apart not long after Becs. 
I want Christmas over me and 2021 to be a distant memory. 

On a positive note I’m getting work done in the garden to make it the space we dreamed of and have a camper van on the way so I can get away from it all. I can’t begin to think about sorting out her stuff… where do I even start? 

Thinking of you all during this tough time of year. X

• It's still early days so don't be too hard on yourself.

Hopefully the new year will bring you a bit more peace.. Time to reflect on the happier memories you both shared as you get out and about with the camper van and your puppy.

You will know when you are ready to sort through her things... a task some prefer to do alone whilst others need some help. There is no right time or right way. Circumstances dictated I cleared things away quite quickly and kept just a briefcase of sentimental things. But others simply cannot bear to let anything go.

Do what you feel is right for you.

Stay strong..

• Hello

i am 5 months and also have no idea when I’ll be ready to sort my Linda’s clothes, still have her trousers and tops hanging on the wardrobe door where she left them. My eldest daughter said she would like some of my Wife’s clothes, that makes it easier in a way, she had a silk dressing gown, she was so pleased with, my Granddaughter now has that, keeps her comforted. When the time comes that I feel ready, I think her clothes will be folded neatly in a crate and put in the loft, with her many other keepsakes, can’t bear to give anything away to strangers, but that’s just me and how I feel at the moment, it’s different for everyone, Linda had two prams, dolls and many dolls clothes, she so loved dressing up her dolls when she was well enough, these are now with various family, it’s good to know it’s helping our family with their grief. Linda also has a beautiful dolls house, which she furnished, but sadly became too I’ll to really enjoy it. Am keeping it safe for when our granddaughter has her own place and she can look after it for my Linda.

keep safe and well 

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories