Really struggling today

• 60 replies
  • 32 subscribers

It’s been 32 days since my husband fell into his final sleep and it’s feels like each day is getting harder. Everyone keeps telling me how well I’m doing and how proud they are of me but I am heartbroken. It’s the little things that are gut wrenching - like Dave always used to alter the clocks when they went back. The pain is physical - even thought I am very lucky to have a supportive loving family (including four grandchildren - one who was born just three days after Dave passed away) I try to occupy myself with them and can keep a brave face on but the minute they leave it all just swamps me again. 
I feel angry that although we had 25 amazing years together we should have had at least another 25 to go - I am a widow at 52 and have lost my soulmate. Apart from our family we never needed anyone else as we were everything to each other. Everywhere that I go reminds me of him. 
We loved walking our fur baby but now those places are tinged with sadness as all I can do is remember walking hand in hand with him or sitting on a bench with a coffee just chatting. 
I need a hug but I need it from him. 
I know o should probably go back to work as being at home on my own isn’t helping but I can’t beat the thought of coming home and him not being here - he was furloughed throughout his illness so was always waiting for me to get home. 

I know everyone on here is suffering, hence we are here but I just needed to get it out as I don’t want to burden my family with my sadness 

• Well my day started with a drs appointment don't know what I expected but I was excited that they actually wanted to see me I was full of hope it would sort me out but nothing can be done apparently no magic cure for me, then it was a trip to tesco, they need to get a section for widows,single people,we are not catered for,if I ever feel like eating properly again I don't need ten slices of bacon, or six of anything everything is multipack this is another thing I need to adjust too apparently food for one, see what tomorrow brings for all of us.

• Iv tried a different approach, the last few days,because I can't cope with all theses feelings iv tried not looking at photos of my mark,not listening to music, tried to block out what has happened but it doesn't work it just made me shake even more.

• I’ve been avoiding shopping for this reason. Dave always said I still shopped/cooked for four even after our children flew the nest. How am I now going to do this for one? 

• Hi Jayne Do you have.a local hospice as they may be able to offer you some grief counselling? I feel like they would be willing to help even if they’re were not involved in the care of Mark. Obviously I don’t know you personally but it really sounds like talking to someone could help you and it seems like this isn’t forthcoming via your GP.

I’ve put up a framed photo of Dave where I sit and have a cuppa and have a chat (in my head) with him to let him know what’s going on. I find this is helping as at first I’d think “I’ll tell Dave that” and then it would hit me that I can’t  as he isn’t here.- now I can. 
    I am not yet ready to listen to his music though - he was a guitarist and was never far away from his beloved guitars. 

• If you go to local butcher they will do the quantities you require I have been doing this long before Craig passed away & then put it in freezer, M&S does a good line in food and always tasty bit more expensive but no waste can recommend the crab linguine, have a good day xx

• Like you I’m trying to fill my days, I’m golfing this afternoon went walking Monday, visited another friend yesterday anything to not be on my own. I will have to return to work at some point but certainly not ready yet as I’m a nurse. I also like a designer handbag there is a mulberry outlet shop in Shepton Mallet always worth a visit! Thank you for volunteering with the vaccines we couldn’t do it without this army behind us in general practice. Sending hugs xx

• I assumed you were all local to me for some reason I'm in s-o-t so I feel a bit lonely again .

• I’m in Yorkshire Jayne so don’t think too far from you if I’ve guessed the abbreviation correctly so hope that makes you feel a bit better. We are all on here though for the same reason & to help support one another in ways  which are friends & close family are not able because thankfully they are not part of this awful club. Have you done anything today?

• hi, I really enjoyed the vaccination stewarding today, all the people coming in together with the other volunteers and NHS staff were really nice, I have booked myself in for next week as well.  

Glenis 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Jayne 64

Hi Jayne 64,

My habit whilst out food shopping pushing my mini trolley is looking for my wife Lynn.  Glancing down this aisle then that aisle looking behind me can’t see her anywhere.   All this habit gives me is tears.