Every days the same

• 10 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Hi I'm new to this but felti needed to get my feelings out after losing my amazing wife in September, I just feel we have been cheated after three years of Lynne being so poorly yet so strong and courageous, people shouldn't have to go through all that pain and trauma, we are 64 which I don't consider old we should have at least another 10 or 15 years together holidaying, weekends away just spending time together, packed up work to look after and be with Lynne so now I dont know what purpose my life is,  I dont have one I wondered if counselling would help never done that before but would welcome any thoughts on that ,thanks 

• I have no idea if counselling would help, still waiting for a letter for a phone appointment. I am experiencing the same as you. Although my Wife was only given 3-6 months, she managed 3 years, although it got to the point I really believed she would continue to beat it, despite the medical evidence to the contrary.  My Days & Nights are now so empty and lonely, feel really cheated, we both so loved holidaying, Cornwall was our favourite. Had she lived we had the time and money to enjoy life, but that has been taken away. There really are no answers, yesterday was the first day I haven’t  cried in 3 months, just feel numb and empty now, I am on painkillers for a severe back ache, so that may be affecting me. I feel a strong need of company, bit often too afraid to arrange anything. Even shopping is traumatic. Please take strength, if that’s even possible from the fact you are certainly not alone

keep safe and well

SunglassesSunglassesSunglasses

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories

• Thanks Arthurd I was exactly the same in thinking after what Lynne had been through she was bound to beat it but it was what I wanted to believe I was in denial, too also walk round the supermarket in a daze seeing things I used to buy for Lynne and what she might like and come out with hardly anything, I have been asked to go out with pals but at the moment I cant bring myself to because I know I will break down ,I think I will try to speak to a counselor and just see if it suits me and helps thanks 

• I lost my wife 5 months ago.last week i went to my first councelling session.

The lady was lovely and asked me to talk to her about my wife.

It was too much for me and brought back too many painful memories.

I declined the second session and they fully understood.

Its down to the individual but i dont think it would help me.

Just go and try it,it could be good for you.

• Thanks Steveho I think I will did you go through Macmillan for it or did you just google someone, all the best pal 

• It was through the hospice my wife was registered with….but been 2 months now and nothing, i will go, that’s if the phone seems me suitable whatever that means

• Nothing  to lose really, yes I will go….

• It’s the same for me, when I have something to eat she used to love, Cod finger sandwiches, boiled eggs, hot dog sandwiches Etc. It brings the tears, I cook it exactly as she liked it, just can’t deviate, we had his and hers tea caddies, I use hers always, so painful now just talking about it. The family wanted things of Linda’s to remember her by, but I didn’t want to let go of anything. But I know they are suffering also, so I let her Dools pram dolls and clothes go between her sisters and children. Was painful, but it will really help them in their healing. I have so many many other things to remind me of her. She had a wooden cross she held every night before bed when she said her prayers, I was so reluctant to let her daughter have it, although my Wife promised it to her. I finally let her have it today. Feels very sad but also good, as it was my Wife’s wish and will help our Daughter a lot.

take care and keep safe 

• It was through the local hospice.

• I have to say Lynne wanted our daughter to have her jewelry and it makes me feel good that she has something close to her that Lynne had worn ,the same goes for her clothes, although it has to be said the house is full of stuff so there is plenty for me to keep , a lot with tags still on aswell, Lynne was in a hospice for a while so I might try them for counselling I know they do it but being a charity organisation manpower will be stretched to the limit so if I have no luck I will Google someone and if their fees aren't extortionate iwill try a session and see if it suits ,thanks all the best

• Let me know if you get some counselling help and how it goes 

best wishes