It’s so hard!

• 2 replies
  • 26 subscribers

I lost Ian nearly 17 weeks ago now and it’s just so hard. I’ve been meeting people for coffee but in the end, I have to come back to an empty house……

I spend a lot of my day driving around aimlessly or sat in the car in places we used to visit. I can’t really bear being in the house on my own. I don’t mind picking up some of the ‘jobs’ Ian used to do around the house and garden but it brings back so many painful memories. 

As the weeks have gone by, more and more memories of our time together are surfacing and they  are so hard to cope with. Ian’s passing was very sudden and unexpected and I think I am only now coming out of shock.

I’ve initiated grief counselling but it can’t bring Ian back and the future we had planned.

I met a new ‘friend’ this morning and went for a lovely walk and coffee but I’m now sat in tears. I just want to hear and see Ian as there are so many things I should have said but we ran out of time.

I know we’ve all experienced these feelings but how does  one cope with them.

x Julie

• Julie I'm sure that sadly we can all identify with your feelings.  What indeed do we mean by cope? 

I've been bereaved for a longer time than you and still don't know how I've got this far. We all have to find our own way through this new life we find ourselves in. 

Just take it at the speed you can deal with it and don't beat yourself up if you feel you aren't  getting on as quickly as you think you should.

Look to the moon.
    Can't imagine any future without my soulmate
  • I just don’t know what to say, I am experiencing exactly the same been 12 weeks for me, this has been the first day that I haven’t cried. The whole house is filled with memories of Linda. Also at everything I do, be it housework or making breakfast or even a cup of tea, brings back memories. Sometimes it just seems impossible to carry on. Waste whole days doing nothing, as Incant get the enthusiasm to do anything. I finished decorating our bedroom, took forever, each day I would find a way to put off the next step till the following day and so on., mainly because Linda made me promise I would finish it even if she died. I watch TV a lot, Netflix has kept me distracted, but it’s only temporary relief.

Although an episode of the Simpsons actually made me laugh, first time since Linda passed.  Emotional pain is so much worse than physical pain. My Family are supporting me, but they are struggling also. I really do feel for you. I have been toying with the idea of joining a zoom meeting, but not sure if I am strong enough. I don’t have any friends, my Wife was my best friend and was all that I needed, but now loneliness is a serious problem.

best wishes

Heart

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories