Light-hearted curiosity ... what's in a name?

• 10 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Just an observation ... I must have too much time on my hands.

I know our names on here are all mostly nicknames.  But do others look at certain names and get reminded of other things or places?

For example:

My log in name is an old family nick name.. when I see MelanieL I'm reminded of my daughter, Wildcat reminds me of a hockey team I know. 

Etc etc... 

Different word associations with various names that come up within our group. It's funny how when I see a post from certain names I am reminded of other things. I guess it's the same for us all especially as many names used are not the usual forenames you come across in everyday life.

Pooka

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Pooka,

Lynn and I and the kids used pass a place called Jebel Ali Port on our travels, hence the moniker Grinning

I haven’t been back since Lynn passed away the thought of going on holiday on my own can’t do that, can’t face it.   Traveling to see my children up north is about all I can manage.  

• Yes I often wonder where nicknames come from and how we come up with them Slight smile mine is my place of work and my last initial though that isn't a password for anything Thinking

Alison, aka Akela, makes me think of the Brownies and wonder where that connection is, jsbachaddict (who hasn't been on here too much lately) speaks for itself Musical keyboard

Xx

Tomorrow is another day
  • Hi, 

Kenickie was the name of our last cat….named by Son 2 after a favourite band of his at the time, who in turn were named for the character in Grease! The cat was called Daisy at the rescue centre we got her from but our teenage son refused to have a cat called Daisy. 
    Jane

xx

• I always thought of Grease with your name it makes me want to sing 'we go together like whamalangalangabedingabedinggadong!!!!!' Or something like it Rofl Joy

Tomorrow is another day
  • It's good to see that I'm not alone in being reminded of other people/objects/places/films after reading other's forum names. 

I can't think why a teenage boy wouldn't want to be calling out for Daisy the cat Sweat smile....  and I now have Grease songs running through my head! Musical noteMan dancing

• Mine is part of my email address, Winnie and I picked this about 10 years ago , it is also the first 3 letters of her nam and first 4 letters of mine. 

Love you always Winnie xx
  • i think mine is quite easy to guess! 

• Chelseabluegirl , I get it... you're an Arsenal fan?  (is it time for me to start running away)

• lol!  if you had said West Ham or tottenham you’d def be on your way! 

• I will add a Grease song to keep you singing, my first name isi Sandra and my surname begins with D Slight smile

Look at me I'm Sandra D xx 

GrinDancerNotes

Have singsong day x

Tomorrow is another day