• 2 replies
  • 27 subscribers

I just wanted to join a support  group  that would  understand  ,  I lost  my husband  in June  quite  out of  the blue with  Burkitt's lymphoma cancer  they say  it was from his  lung transplant  medication.   He  was ok  April   then  every thing happened  so fast  .

I'm really  carry on  in a daze   my memory  is truly  shocking   and my contraction   is minimal.  I'm scared to stop still  and allow this pain  in  as  he was my best friend  for 25 years   and I feel  so lost .

Thank you for taking the time to read x

• Hi Joanna

I’m so sorry that you’ve had to join this site as none of us have wanted to. My husband, Ian,  also died in June, only 7 weeks after his  initial diagnosis. We were married for 38 years. 

Ian was also my best friend and it is so hard to contemplate a future without him. I’ve just been looking at old photos and videos of him and the ‘floodgates’  just opened. 

I have found this site so supportive as until you have experienced the loss of a spouse, it is impossible to understand how overwhelming and devastating grief can be. Everyone says take one hour/ day at a time and that is so true.

I know what you mean about not allowing the pain in as I still can’t believe what has happened.  Logically I know but emotionally I just can’t accept it as it is too awful to bear at times. Sometimes I just ‘park it’ in a corner of my mind as this is the only way I can cope at the moment.

Please hold on to the fact that everyone grieves in their own way and there is no time frame. 

Take care of yourself, 

Julie x

• Welcome Joanna,

So sorry to hear your sad news. Hopefully you will find that chatting/reading/sharing on here will help you. We can't take pain away but we, more than anyone can understand and identify with your loss, pain, hurt, even anger that is part of our grief and bewilderment.

Take time to process your grief and face things when you feel ready to. 

Take care and remember there is always someone on here to listen.

Mym x