Hospital bed not been picked up

• 5 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Rob died 2.5 weeks ago and speaking with the Company that delivered his hospital bed to us it will be another 3 weeks until they can take it back.

I just think that’s too long, having the bed and other equipment is a constant reminder of Rob dying at home.

Is this normal?

Chelseabluegirl

• I don't know how long it usually takes but there's maybe a problem of drivers. They aren't going to take longer than needed.

It must add to your distress and I hope that they can maybe come quicker 

Look to the moon.
    Can't imagine any future without my soulmate
  • Hi

I was lucky as all the equipment was collected within 3 working days. However, my husband never made it home so it was unused. Perhaps that was why it was collected so quickly. 

Another 3 weeks seems an awfully long time to wait. 

• That is a long time! My late husband's bed and equipment was picked up within 48 hours. Speak to your GP about it and see if they can get things moving more quickly. It will be a source of pain for you and you shouldn't have to deal with that.

Martha

"i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart) ..."
    Life must end, but love is eternal.

• hi after a few words by a good friend to the company they came this week to take back.

i feel so relieved now as it was a constant reminder of him.

i am not sure when I will be able to sleep back in that room, Our bed is in ano

• quick update, a friend spoke with the Company and bed was picked up this week.  I feel better about the room now and may in time go back to sleeping in there.

Thank you for all your responses.

Glenis