Grief - an unwelcome companion

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 7 replies
  • 27 subscribers

My grief comes and goes.  Today for some unknown reason my grief is unbearable and suffocating.   It’s followed me around making me feel like I’m dead inside.   Hope tomorrow will bring some relief.  

• Good evening,

Yes some day worse than others, just when I think I am doing ok, I realise I am not. Just heard a friend's mum as died, she in her 80s never met her, I have been sobbing heart broken. Reminder how vulnerable and roar we are.

Take care, just wanted you to know, I was reading, your not in your own, but I don't have any answers.

Tomorrow is another day. 

Donna

• I ended up crying happy tears with a FB memory from 3 years ago on holiday in Majorca just before the Poophit the fan and Colins troubles began (I'm a poet and didn't know it!) It's ok to have a bad day, grief has no pattern Disappointed relievedjust go with the flow- each day is a new challenge for us all - remember the rule of one day at a time Ok hand

Tomorrow is another day
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to BootsyD

Thank you Donna and BootsyD, I feel a lot better today.   Thinking back, what triggered it I was walking my dog right next to the hospital Lynn died in, seeing the building and hospital staff did it for me.  All the awful memories came back tears welling up.  You both touched on triggers which seems like that’s what’s happened to me yesterday.   Again thanks.  Peter x

• I've compared grief to a ninja because it comes of out nowhere, but I am beginning to think that isn't exactly accurate. The pain is always there, just under the surface. The weirdest things can trigger an unleashing of pure despair. You're not alone, we all feel with you and for you... 

Take care,

Martha

"i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart) ..."
    Life must end, but love is eternal.

• A close friend of mine who lost her husband at the same time as I lost Chris shared this with me. I’m not sure where she got it from but it describes how grief can feel. I can certainly agree with how it can sneak up behind you and completely overwhelm you at the most unexpected moments.

Sending hugs

Jane

xx

• That is so true. Thank you for sharing that, Jane. September is the month when my Chris started his final journey. He died on the 30th three years ago. I somehow know it's that time without even looking at a calendar. It's as if my mind and body know even before my conscious self does...

Hugs to you, too, 

Martha

xx

"i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart) ..."
    Life must end, but love is eternal.