General mesage

• 7 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hello everyone

If people are comfortable with it, would be great to use their real first names to sign off.

makes it feel so much more personal.

but only if people are really and truly comfortable with this, I would not want to add to anyone’s anxiety or grief.

Heart To you all Keith

this is my Beautiful Linda a couple of months ago, the weather was so glorious we went out for lunch Heart

Keith

• She's lovely. One of the reasons I like posting here is that I can be totally anonymous. It's also why I've not joined the Zoom meetings.

That's my reasons and others may be different.

Look to the moon.
    Can't imagine any future without my soulmate
  • Hi Keith,

My name is Melanie. One of the reasons why I am, and have always been, Melanie L on the forum is because I actually want people to know my real name. I always sign my messages with Mel. I suppose I have never been one for annonymity (is that the word?). When I show up here, I want to do so with my real name, with my grief as it is, be exactly who I am. But that's just me of course. 

By the way, if you want to join our next Zoom meeting, you are very welcome to do so. Everyone is welcome to come on those meetings. And everyone is finding them very helpful.

Best wishes

Mel

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• Hello

thanks, not sure if I could handle a zoom meeting, not that i have ever done one before, is there a schedule ?

Will have a think about it Heart

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories

• That’s perfectly understandable, we all have our own ways of managing our grief, one of the biggest things I have gained from this forum is that I am most definitely not alone. The emotions described are 100% what I am experiencing, God didn’t equip us very well to deal with the loss of a soulmate, however the pain I am feeling is an expression of the immense love I have for Linda,  take care Heart

• Hi Keith,

No there is no particular schedule. We just meet up in the chat room and talk about whatever we want to talk about and share. I have sometimes thought about introducing a little bit of a structure, but have then remembered that I am not offering the Zoom meetings as a therapist but as another bereaved spouse. We are all finding them hugely beneficial. Having said this, it is absolutely okay to join the meeting and not contribute. There are no expectations. So I would actually encourage you to join and see how you feel about it. Theere are no strings attached, it's just an opportunity to chat in person for those of us who want that.

Lots of love

Mel

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• Hello

thanks. I have never used zoom before, can you PM the next date time and a little guidance, will just be an observer for now if that’s acceptable , until I am sure it’s for me, thanks Heart

• Thank you

Heart