Offering hope two years on from bereavement

• 4 replies
  • 28 subscribers

It was always our intention to visit the Lake District Together  it was on his bucket list,  sadly it was never to be. I had the opportunity to come with friends but I tried everything to get out of it. I was in tears the night before as it just reenforced the fact Jerry was gone and all those things we were going to do together we would never do. Anyway I came and it’s ok I think he’s with me and is approving of my trip. The first day we saw tornados (RAF ) fly low over Ullswater Jerry loved his jet planes. Today I completed a walk up old man of coniston a walk He wanted us todo, I saw a golden ring dragonfly one of his favourites. The anxiousness  of driving on unfamiliar roads didn’t hinder me and I saw many of the places he had talked about. I had a good time I was glad I went Yes I would of loved to have gone together but it felt like a  healing Now I have done it rather than avoid it . I hope this helps others. X 

• Hopefully you will continue to gain some comfort as you witness signs that bring memories of Jerry and reminders that he is still with you x

• Hi Puddle fish,

Our husband's had a similar diagnosis with similar cancers in July 2018.  I remember you from the early days and am pleased hear that you found the trip healing. 

I went on my first holiday very early on on August 2019; the first holiday without my husband. As you say, I would  preferred to have gone with my husband but went with a friend instead.  I was grateful for my friend accompanying me as all firsts are difficult; or should I say the lead up to them more so!

Its taken time to feel a bit grounded and work out what I want. I think I am ready to have adventures on my own. In fact, I was looking forward to meeting Limbo in France but the travel restrictions in the past months made that impossible. Next time!

With lots of love,

Dutsie Xx

• Hi Puddle Fish

That does help. A few months ago I might have just thought... ok well I can only hope to feel that way but now as the 6 months mark approaches I can understand your words here more and I hope that anyone reading this that simply can't imagine feeling this way ever again will find some comfort to know, ...it's possible.

We're still grieving, we still have some terrible awful days and moments but we're allowing things again. You pushed through your tears and went anyway and it was a good decision. Very brave. 

xx

• MyPineapple,

Yes unfortunately their are some awful times but a bit more calm.  So that tools and help that people give are beginning to work. X