I just want him back. How long does this desperate wanting go on?

• 84 replies
  • 37 subscribers

I desperately want my husband back. I want him to come home again. It is one year and ten days since he went. I was in tears today, finding his own biscuit box again. I clutched it to me, to my heart, and I howled. I can write this here, as you all understand.  I ask myself, with such grief and sadness today, how long does this go on? Am I 'normal'? I still want him back with me, oh so badly. To be here in our home with me.

• Jebel

if it helps it’s definitely the right thing to do.

take care

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories

• Oh it is SO comforting to read about all of you keeping the clothes and the other things which matter. And talking, I do.   I wore his warm wool zipper jacket all winter, feeling close. I will again this winter. I can echo the three of you, Arthurd, Smiley1234, and Jebel. And others here, who write in the same way. I feel so comforted by your words, reassured that I am not going crazy, I'm all right.  And about being 70, it will be hard without Linda, but we will all encourage you, just share it with us.  Thank you all, about the clothes etc.etc. xxx Happy5

• Hi Jebel

i just wanted to say how lovely it is to feel  the warmth of our loved one and by simply seeing , touching, smelling holding their things they are still close. Whatever feels right for each of us is right, I have had well meaning friends asking when I am going to ‘ clear things ‘ and I simply reply at the moment never ! As for me it wud be like clearing my darling husband out and that will never happen. 
    I like what you have said to your grown up children bless I think at times they think they are the ‘adult ‘ offering good intentioned advice however no matter what anyone else feels or thinks I feel strongly that my husbands things are staying where they are . I can appreciate to some this may seem foolish or strange but to me it is so important! Take care, thank you , you have made me smile with the thought of your lovely wife’s bright clothes , I love colour and think the choice of bright things says a lot about the person. Kind thoughts and understanding to you x 

• Hi Happy 5 

sending kindness and understanding, this is such a personal journey for each of us and however we take each step is right for each of us but I do feel we share so much, it is so helpful to feel a connection with others in this most horrendous time. Take care, one step at a time.xx