A bit of a crash

• 6 replies
  • 27 subscribers

I have been coping well and busy. And then a really bad weekend. My husband is almost 6 months dead. Because of the pandemic I had held off with things, but I scattered my husbands ashes from our boat on Thursday. And it was lovely, and a happy send with one of our racing crew and tales of our races and cruises. It was a fitting send off.

But now it has hit me. That and watching Wimbledon alone. And my back injury is sore. Nothing like a Wimbledon final to make one feel alone Cry. It is odd how the bad bits seem worse after you have been coping for a while Frowning2️

Viv

• Hi its one year for me in August since my hubby passed and i know exactly what you mean , im ok sometimes then not at other times,people are right when they say its a rollercoaster lets hope it gets easier to manage as time goes on ,take care Xx

• Thank you Joysue. Sometimes I am quite all right and busy. And others I miss him terribly. Xx

• Hi Viv,

I am sorry you are going through a bad time right now. I know this myself: we are fine for a while, coping well and thinking that we are pretty balanced and stable, until it hits us again and it feels harder because we have somehow gotten used to feeling pretty okay or at least norm. sending a big virtual hug.

Mel

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• Hi Mel, 

Thank you. Yes, we think we have conquered things for a while. And then something knocks us off course.

xxxx

• Hi Viv,

It's strange, isn't it, how it hits us over and over again and each time it feels almost like the first time. I've said before that I see grief now as a kind of emotional ninja. We never know when it is going to hit or what will bring it on. It just happens. Just try to remember the good times, the joyful times, the love and laughter. We wouldn't be hurting so badly if we hadn't loved so completely.

Hang in there. You can do this...

Martha

"i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart) ..."
    Life must end, but love is eternal.

• Thank you Martha. Yes, it is because we were lucky enough to find the other half of us. I can never envision that again. And 40 years went so fast Cry. Viv xx