One year on

• 8 replies
  • 28 subscribers

As the heading suggests its coming up to the one year anniversary of my husbands passing, im dreading the day already as it brings all the horrible memories of that awful day come flooding back, im not crying every day now and im back in work but i only work a few hours so sometimes the days are so long without him, hoping il get better as time goes on but i doubt it, still have a bit of trouble sleeping but as people say its still early days ,just thought id check in as iv not been on the group for a few months ,hope your all ok  Xxx

• Hi Joysue

I hope when the day comes you are kind to yourself. Certain Dates can be so difficult.  The lead up to the day you can feel every emotion and it feels just like you are there again. 

Well done for being back at work, I do feel we need abit of structure to keep us going.

I'm approaching my 4th birthday without my husband and some days I honestly don't know where the time has gone.

Take care 

• Ruby diamond x
  • Hello Joysue

Be kind to yourself, I’m sure it won’t be easy. I hope you can find some support and comfort but I know how unbearably hard it is. 
    I’m sadly obsessed by dates and am approaching the first anniversary of my husband’s diagnosis and then all the awful dates that will occur until losing him last October, just 90 days later. 
    Today is also proving challenging for me as we should have been starting our postponed 2020 holiday today. 
    These dates are so hard but I’m sending you hugs at this hard time

Jane

x

• Thanks for your kind words ,thats why i love this group ,we all know how it feels xxx

• Thank you its nice to know that time moves quicker sometimes, i think we all just have to get thro as best we can Xxx

• Anniversaries are so hard. But one thing I've learned being part of this forum - we are all pretty strong, despite the days when we feel as if there is no light or air or joy. You will be okay. You can do this. Be kind to yourself and remember the happy anniversaries, the happy memories. Make it a point that day to write down one memory that makes you laugh out loud. I know it sounds silly, but it really helps. That's a coping mechanism I've started using and it is amazing how quickly those silly memories chase away the sad ones, even if just for a moment

You've got this. 

Love,

Martha

"i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart) ..."
    Life must end, but love is eternal.

• Thanks Martha for your good advice that really helps a lot ,it willl be a year on 9th August that he passed ,take care Xxx

• Hi Jane, 

I too obsessed with dates, on Friday it was a year since Robs diagnoses, I relived the day and conversations he went to the consultant on his own, which is what the letter said due to covid. Apparently the first think the consultant said was have you got somebody with you?

Next date will be 10th August, the day he went into hospital and the day of his op.

I can't shake this sadness, I doing everything I need to, making new plans as think I should, but nothing helps the sadness, it is enormous.

Take care 

Love 

Donna x

• Oh Donna, it’s so tough isn’t it? 

Sending hugs

Jane

xx