Still v angry

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Still v v angry at what n how my father spoke to me the other week over them thinking it’s time for me to go back to work . But I m biding my time . I do not forget easily . Cannot let this go any time soon . Yes I could do with out it . It is a v v v big thing that I have to cope with out my darling partner here and can’t believe I never going to see him again. I have flash backs of good times and bad . Of places we used to go from holidays to trip to Morrison’s shopping to going to garden centre for cheeky lunch or coffee . I do not know how I will cope if I ever go to these places again without him . My heart hurts so much . I cry everyday . I go downstairs expecting him to be there or go into dining room expecting him to be there  where I cared for him the few weeks of his life . I think of his stays in hospital. Of how last year Covid delayed any treatment that may have helped him . All the phone calls with gp s being told sciatica when in fact secondary cancer on hips and spines . The months we waited to see consultant and get scans . The pain he was in and endured when the transport ambulance took him for scan to get there he was in so much pain he could nt get on bed for scan n lack of staff to help . So another excruciating journey home . All theses memories n flashbacks constant every day . Plus having to cope with fall out after he died it seems never endin . Mentally I m drained . I miss him so much would do anything jus one tine to see him speak to him and fir him to speak to me . The last few days before he died he could nt communicate. It’s not even 2 months yet it feels like an eternity. How do I go on with out him . My rock my world my everything 

• Ktc63.. you husband's treatment (lack of it) seems very similar to what my husband had to endure. 

In his last couple of weeks Mark asked me to make an official complaint on his behalf..It is now 9 month since he died and I am still waiting for an official response to my very detailed letter including dates, names, departments.  I will fight it all the way simply for an acknowledgment that they failed Mark. Treatment should not have been cancelled because the world had Covid. My complaint lists 23 serious points involving several departments .. all due to errors that should not have occurred and were avoidable.

If you feel you have genuine concerns about your husband's treatment.. write to PALS. it wont change the outcome but at least you feel you get your say.

Look after yourself, keep away from family if it just adds to your problems. Seek outside professional help if you feel you need it, there are various bereavement support groups.  

Take care x

• Hi 

There were gaps and errors and missed diagnosis in my husband's care too. It was the hospital I trained in and I am still disgusted at what goes on there now!

I went to Pals but I have dropped it because I don't want to go over it anymore. It won't change anything and I was only making myself angry and hurting myself. 

I sadly cant bear to go there. I had a panic attack when I went for my covid jab. I will never look on the place with the same affection I had for my training hospital and where I worked for 28+ years! I try to separate the experiences now! 

But I have moved forward now and you will too in time.

Take care. Love and hugs Alison xxx

• Good afternoon, 

I too are awaiting an independent enquiry, by PALS, I have stated it isn't a complaint, but are sure things need to change so others don't go through what we went through. Was told it would be completed by 21st April, now given 21st June. The wait and anxiety is horrendous, do wonder why I bothered, I won't bring back Rob.

Sending best wishes to you all at this awful time.

Take care 

Donna

• Hi Ktc63,

I am so very sorry for your loss. And I do understand all of your feelings that you are sharing here.

I think it is really important that you remind yourself each time your family's attitude gets to you that it is you and only you who matters in this and, unless they have gone through a similar loss, they cannot understand. Of course I don't know them at all but it sounds to me like they are behaving quite harshly towards you expecting this and that from you instead of asking you what you yourself need and trust you that you will do what is right for you and when it is right for you.

Have you thought about getting professional help? It might be good to go to counselling, it could help you with the family situation too, and so that people can no longer breach your boundaries by telling you what you should and shouldn't do.

Lots of love

Mel

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds.