How do you turn off the action replay?

• 2 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Hi.
I lost my husband on Saturday 5th June. We spent the last 5 days together at the Haywood House, City Hospital palliative unit in Nottingham and it was perfect, beautiful and peaceful. The team there are wonderful. But now I’m home all I get in my head is an action replay of the dreadful pain he went through and the stress of trying to get him help through the bank holiday weekend leading up to his admittance to the unit. Our health care system is not working for out of hours needs and fails so many. It wasn’t until he was catatonic with pain that I was able to get him the help he needed. Phone calls to 111 doctors and district nurses who haven’t seen him or know his history were useless.
I don’t know how to move past all that to greave him properly. Does any one have any tips that may help? I just block out the images in my head with loud music and audio books

• So sorry to hear your sad news HelAl52 ..at the moment your grief is so very raw. My only advice is to take it a minute, an hour, a day at a time and remember that there is no right or wrong way to cope. You do what YOU feel is right for you at that moment.

• Try not to focus on the distressing times preceding but remember the good times you had together. It's not easy, I  struggle to take my own advice. The weeks leading up to my husbands death were traumatic and I still have an on going complaint against the hospital regarding his treatment ... But I have to try and focus on the good memories.

This site helps just knowing that people on here can totally understand how you are feeling.

Sending you a big hug. .

Mym

• Hello Mym,

thanks for your kind words and hug they are a comfort and I know you’re right. I guess it’s early days, but it’s so hard.

I’m sorry to hear you too had a as distressing time beforehand, it makes it harder to move on to grief I think. 
    Today was the phone call from the registrar so hopefully tomorrow will be a better day x

thanks 

Helen