Thanks

• 1 reply
  • 32 subscribers

Thanks to everyone who have responded to my post, they really helped me at the start  beginning of what is a going to be long journey of ups and downs. Unfortunately I have had (like a lot of people ) recent experiences of grief, as my beloved dad died suddenly in 2018, and I cared for my lovely mum who sadly had demetia and she died in 2019. What really compounded the situation was it was only 2 weeks after she died that my husband was diagnosed with cancer. Without the support of our wonderful hospice I think that I might have found the situation unbearable.

I have reached out to this community as you will all understand, that losing any family member but especially a spouse is really knocking me sideways. I was slightly overwhelmed by the warm and caring support I received and I thank you all.

• There is no need for hanks, i am sure others will agree,

We are  all in the same situation and support each other,

I would not have got this far if it had not been for this group, it 18months for me now, seems like yesterday, and i never dreamt i would lose him, i was diagnosed my self three years before he was as incurable, and he was my support, So for him to get a diagnose and pass after eight months i am only just excepting it,

Its not an easy road so many bumps and turns, i do not cry as much now, and learning slowly this is  a different life and i try to keep going, though not always easy.

All  ways some one that ill come along when you need them. Use the group when evry you need to,

Take Care Ellie x