Weekend

• 5 replies
  • 25 subscribers

So it is the hardest part of the week - the weekend. I have already put down weed killer on the gravel. I am now cleaning and restringing a conservatory ceiling blind. I am doing my best NOT to descend into weekend weepies. I know my hubby would not have wanted that. But it is hard Flushed. Shortly it will be lunchtime and I even miss him walking into the kitchen and putting on the TV - without his hearing aids Flushed. Deafening me Rofl

Viv 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Viv xx

Same here - we always worked together at weekends, usually ending up around 5 or 6 and cooking together listening to Liza Tarbuck. Then we would eat, drink, get out the vinyl and dance.

I can't listen to Liza nowadays.

However, I still dance in the living room and I am learning to smile when I think of Andy. 

I am trying to extend my weekends into all week. I lost my job in August 2019 and decided to just retire early, as Andy was still working. He became ill 15 months later, and died 5 months after that. Every day is the same now, so I decided they would all be weekends.

It's a recent development - I'll let you know how it goes!

Love and hugs - Sue xx

• Hi Dorothy,

Those are the fabulous bits of a lovely marriage - the working together. For us it was working at boats. Lol - I love your study of wizardry. 

I have my blind restrung and refitted. I know Gil would be pleased. 

Viv xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Tivvy

Hi Viv,

Another one got through and I am still here LOL. 

Glad you sorted your blind - do you still work on boats?

I am trying my hardest to carry on doing the things we used to do together - no choice really, because that's everything!

Once the covid restrictions ease, I am going to look for something completely new to do, though it will be difficult. The likelihood of finding something that we hadn't already done that I will want to do is small!

The "sign off" wizardry thing comes from when I first set this account up - I don't think it features on current profile setups, as it's not on there when I look at my profile. I would amend it otherwise with my current level attained!

Sue xx

• Hi Sue,

Yes. Another weekend dealt with. I am glad you got through it too! The hardest 2 days of the week. Yes. I have been working away at the boat. The boat is the marina and because of lockdown we should only have been doing essential maintenance. But the marina staff have given me the nod to keep quietly working away. From the 1st of April lockdown eases and we can use the boats. I met my husband through sailing. But it is photos of us cruising in our previous boat that upset me much more. I am not selling the boat. That may change but at the moment it is a stress outlet. 

Lol! So you are a fully fledged wizard Rofl. I finished a law degree last year so I have started into a law and medical ethics course - against just for therapy. But concentration is hard Flushed. But I cannot see anyway through this but by being busy. FlushedFlushed. I know what you mean about finding something new to do - this is not easy! I am sure the joy of doing things will come back to us. If we keep on being busy. 

Viv

Xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Tivvy

Hi Viv,

That's busy beyond belief! Yes, my concentration is shot to hell as well Slight smile 

The medical ethics course would completely screw me up I think - I am cognitively and emotionally empathetic towards most people, but not necessarily sympathetic LOL.  I am trying, though, and think I am winning, mostly.

It comes in handy sometimes.

A shame that the photos are upsetting at the moment - I hope you can reach a point where you can look at them and just feel the love xx It's a tangible proof, a photo.

Take care.

Sue xx