Hello

• 8 replies
  • 27 subscribers

I've not been here for quite some time as I just couldn't get onto the forum despite many attempts. I only got on this time via Facebook.

I'd like to say that I'm feeling more confident and positive but nothing has really changed although it's now passed 3 years.

It's not helped by health problems which have got worse and no access to GP. 

It feels like everywhere I hear of people making plans for holidays etc when lockdown ends knowing that for me I can just see more loneliness and emptiness.

I hope you are all doing as well as you can. 

• Hi Wildcat

I'm not on much these days, its Robs 3rd Anniversary on 31st so we have been on here a similar length of time.

I know the loneliness you're feeling,  I feel like that too. My boys live at home and lockdown has meant I have had them all to myself and I know it won't be long before they have nights out planned, back to school and work more regularly and I'm just me, sat in the house alone missing Rob.

Robs daughter won't be able to join us for the anniversary for the second year and that's hard for her.

If your health is not good you really must insist on seeing your GP, take care of you please.

• Ruby diamond x
  • Hi Wildcat,

I have spent most of last year alone at home. Can not even remember last time someone came to my home. 

I am lucky in that I get a distraction, as I go to work. I struggle with my health also. Have been making small changes and feeling better overall but then got a set back earlier this week. I feel my most vulnerable when I am under the weather. Understand how you feel, please take care of yourself and call your GP. 

I had to call them a number of times during the first lockdown about the same thing.  I actually even managed to go in and see a GP in person. 

I would start off with that telephone consultation; you should not have deal with your health problems alone. 

Hi Ruby Diamond, 

Long time no hear! Like both you and wildcat I have not been here much. I remember you chatting about one of your boys in hospital with a broken leg or arm? And then again! Hope you and your boys are well as can be. x 

Its seems a lot of us went away for a little while. It is nice to see familiar names albeit none of us wanted to here in the first place. 

With lots of love,

Dutsie Xx

• Hi Dutsie

Another familiar name,  yes my son broke his leg twice and then his ankle but touch wood thats a year without a hospital visit, what a good memory you have.

I also work and I have appreciated the normality of being out of the house. My older son has been out of work and the younger not attending school again, i do worry for their futures but hopefully things will go back to normal at sometime.

Its Robs 3rd anniversary on Wednesday and the second without any visitors coming to see us and visit him. 

We have to keep plodding on and appreciate the good days.

Take care and lovely to hear from you x

• Ruby diamond x
  • Morning Ruby Diamond,

Lovely to hear from you too.

This lockdown has made an already difficult situation more difficult. I really feel for those that have had recent losses as grief can be very isolating. 

Last year, during lockdown, diwali fell on Richard''s birthday. I live on my own so could legally visit my support bubble but chose to stay home alone. Just wanted to be at home. I did put some candles and lights on....it was the festival of light after all!

I then lit a fire in my garden and received a call from my friend who said she was coming round as she knew the significance of the day! I suppose what I am saying is is that we just have to find another way for now and I sure you will too. It is difficult with all these restrictions and my thoughts will be with you and your family on Wednesday. 

With lots of love,

Dutsie Xx

• Thank you.

It's so hard being away from Robs daughter who lives in England, we havent seen her during Covid. Robs job brought us to the North East of Scotland back in 2003 and family and friends have been regular visitors until covid changed all that. I haven't seen mum and Dad for over a year, Dads had covid but recovered thankfully and my mum has lost her sight in one eye in this time. So hard to not be able to see them and hug them.

Im glad you have a support bubble and feel able to do anniversaries your way. I think thats important. I do spend alot of time making sure the kids are ok and ask how they want to remember Dad and sometimes forget about me. 

I always chat to him in bed just before i fall asleep. That was always our time, i miss that.

Wednesday will be OK, I don't fear the anniversary any more, the build up is always harder than the actual date. We will visit Rob and remember happier times of which there are lots. That doesn't mean I don't miss him with every breath but I'm keeping going and I know he's proud of us all.

Take care 

• Ruby diamond x
  • Hi Ruby.

Hope all goes well on Wednesday.

Look to the moon.
    Can't imagine any future without my soulmate
  • Hi WildCat,

It's so lovely to hear from you again. I have often wondered where you had gone.

I am sorry to hear of your worsening health problems. And this lockdown makes everything so much harder, doesn't it?

Lots of love,

Mel.

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• Hello Ruby Diamond

Thinkinf of you today and sending hugs 

Jane xx