Late night ramblings....

• 0 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Things I don’t want..

I don’t want to be told I’m brave or that I’m coping or that Chris would be proud of whatever it is I’ve done.......I do want my old life back. I want to have him here, to share a joke, a smile, a cuddle, a meal, oh the list goes on and on. How I wish I could turn the clock back and 2020 could have a different outcome.

I’ve also just listened to Catherine Mayer talking on Radio 2’s Sunday morning show. She was talking about grief and amongst other things how other people react to and treat us as the bereaved. The thing that keeps going through my mind is her comments about the people who ghost you. I can’t help but feel that it’s really sad that the people who seem to have cut themselves out of my life are Chris’ siblings (he was the eldest of five and took that responsibility very seriously) and my brother and sister in law. Thank goodness I have our boys and daughter in law and my stepmum as well as some good friends, who on the whole manage to say the right things or admit that there’s nothing they can say that is going to help but they’re there for me.

Sorry for the ramble but now I’ve shared, hopefully I’ll be able to get some sleep!

Sending hugs

Jane

xx