FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 34 replies
  • 30 subscribers

"Death - The Worst Possible Breakup in the World" 

Discuss  xx

Love Sue 

• Hi DorothyOz,

That's really good. I 've recently started some art classes and struggling with depth and relief. I like the angle you chose. Don't be modest. You're talented. I started painting a few years ago but they were mainly tortured faces (they just came out that way). My husband thought I had potential (hee-hee) and was encouraging me to go for classes, which I adamantly refused to do.Couldn't let other people see my atrocities. Today, I'm actually improving but so sad my Gilles isn't around to see. You were lucky to have shared that with Andy.

• My mum has compared bereavement to divorce!!! 

So bloody frustrating! 

Love Alison xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Akela2516

Oh, Alison - if it's not one thing, it's your Mother!Smiley

That's exactly what I mean, though - if it's a breakup or divorce, then it's the worst one ever!

Love Sue xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to limbo

Hey Limbo xx Thank you.

Yes, I have a lot of tortured faces in my portfolio, too, LOL.

It's great you feel you are improving - honestly, for me it's just good to do it. It's something just for me and while I don't care whether it's "good" or not, it's nice that other people like it.

I have a friend that paints by numbers, and she is always talking it down, but I feel that's her way of expressing herself artistically, too. A shame she's not confident enough to do something original, but it's still art to me. I have told her to try painting the numbers in her selection of alternative colours - that could work!

Love Sue xxx