Can’t talk to people

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 12 replies
  • 27 subscribers

I am reading comment don’t feel I have any words except send you all a hug and love 

I am really struggling with connecting with the outside world really can’t talk to people unplugged my phone at one point just don’t answer it meet up with one friend not done since everyone full of great advice but they really don’t get what it’s like to lose your hubby best friend  it x reached out to hospice so going to arrange breavement couscelling  

just missing that hug that would make it all ok 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sending you a hug right back. Sometimes I can't be bothered with all of the 'normal' things as life just isn't normal anymore. I'm absolutely devastated and no matter how many people offer their condolences and encouragement, it doesn't change the fact that my husband has gone. I know people are just trying to help but I'm not in the right frame of mind for that. Counselling sounds like a good option for you  and I really hope it brings you some peace. Hugging

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi jojoe Thankyou for your reply 

working on small steps someone just said to me it’s like dropping a jigsaw on the floor and you have to pick up one piece at a time sort of made me feel look differently no I am not in right frame of mind either xx hugs Sarah 

• FormerMember

I’ve never been all that good at jigsaws either. Looks like it’s time for me to learn.

It truly is awful. I find myself watching TED talks on YouTube for inspiration to change my mindset to a positive one, hard to do after just 9 weeks.

Virtual hugs x

• I am finding it hard when people talk about returning to normal after the restrictions are lifted or changed. My life will never ever be normal again. The new normal for me is going to have a huge gaping void where my wonderful husband should be. 
    I will think about the idea of dropping the jigsaw on the floor- it seems appropriate as we often had a jigsaw on the go. I’m definitely only picking up one piece at a time right now.

This is such a horrendous thing to be going through. Sending hugs, but like you, I’m missing the one hug that would make it okay so very much

xx

• I have no words either, thank you everyone for your words they make sense and have a true meaning coming from people who really know. When somebody dies it effects the whole family, but nobody gets it like you, when all you want is your "sole mate" "other half" to come back. Some days tougher than others, what will today be ? Xx

• FormerMember

Hi bramblejoo

sending you hugs

we are so early in our journey so just think ok not to be ok so if we drop a piece of puzzle can always pick it up again xx here for you xx 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Kenickiesmum

Hi kenickiesmum

sending you a hug totally get everything you say xx never normal again 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to ChilliChilli

Hi chillichilli 

sending you a big hug x I find it a comfort that you don’t need to explain as people just know xx 

• I totally agree, this group is a lifesaver for me. It's almost 8 weeks since I lost my husband  and I am so grateful for people in this group for their support in helping get through the darkest days of my life.

Life will never be "normal " again and that terrifies me...but we have to carry on one small step at a time.

Sending you all hugs and thanks for just being there and "getting it". Xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Sarah 21

Hi Sarah 

sending you a big hug x Been a life saver for me too just to write how I am feeling at that time seems to help in some small way and be to not be judged or them comments that really don’t help  xx