Pleased

• 4 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hi all,

As you all know I managed to scatter Ric recently and wanted to do it alone. I did this and am really pleased he is free. 

I did save a few ashes as I think I probably want jewellery. I then decided I would send a small pot to each of his children, they are simple pots held in a keyring or you can put it on a chain. I also sent them all the photos of their childhood with him and a few copies of my photos of him. I am glad I did make that effort, they are so thrilled especially the girls. It has made them feel they have got a little bit more of him. 

So maybe if anyone has doubts, it has helped us. And I am not the evil stepmum!!! Lol

Love and hugs Alison xxx

• That's lovely Alison Heart x

Tomorrow is another day
  • Evil step mum? As if!

Good for you, you seem so much more positive these days and looking forwards now...

"Sometimes life is hideous, other times it's worse!"

• Good for you. I like your idea of doing Ric alone but sharing too -  Feels like you honoured and respected the closeness and privacy of you and Ric and your relationship  and also giving them something they treasure for them in their own way. 

I too am technically a step mother -  was not popular with his boys in the first few years. Hmmm..  Got married to make it simple - wife and step mother both terms that feels alien, along with Widow.  

I was never a mother in my own right unless you count the dogs. Have just found out that I am going to be a step grandmother - oh lord open the ground below me now - another term that does not fit - but I will insist on just being called by my name.  Weird how blended and modern families work out - but will make a change to try and talk about a scan that is not a CT or an MRI for horrible things. 

Alison - hope you can rest on the scattering day as something that you can treasure. 

• Hi Nellie,

I scattered him in August and feel great now. I do feel happy I got it right. But feel ready to move on now. I will always love him but I can't live in that shadow. I hate the word widow and don't really feel like a step mum as the kids are grown up and only 10-15 years younger than me. Technically I am a step granny too!!! OMG! 

Mccmcc I have always felt pretty positive. I don't really get too low. Covid and looking after cancer patients was hard but back to my normal preassessment role now so all good. My children always kept me going.

Love and hugs Alison xxx