12 Months on

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 10 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Evening everyone,

Just a quick post to say thank you all for your support and kindness over the last 12 months.

Most of  you I didn't meet until we "progressed" into this group, others I encountered along the way when we were carers. 

I feel sad that others have to join us, but in a strange way happy to have met you all even in such extremely difficult circumstances.

The understanding that we all have is beyond anything in the "outside" world and you have all helped me enormously.

Without this group I wouldn't have been able to move on from anything and face up to the past.

Now it's time to go forward, I'm not sure if any of you remember that MCC and I made a tentative "date" to meet for a coffee once he arrived in the Midlands. Well we have met up and we are going to keep in touch and meet up again. We felt it was right to let you all know because we consider you our friends.

Lizzy

• That is lovely news. Be it friendship or develop into more.

Take care

Love and hugs Alison xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Lizzy,

Great news.  So uplifting.

Peter x

• I think I'd best respond! I'm glad to be back home and equally glad to have met Lizzy, she is a very warm and kind lady and great company! 

There's not much more to add to.this post but Lizzy I look forward to our next coffee (not quite Italian style but what the hey!)  

"Sometimes life is hideous, other times it's worse!"

• Awe. How lovely. There is something about chatting to someone in person that really understands. Tell you a funny story, I was looking for new furniture earlier this year just before lockdown. Got chatting to the guy who was helping me to find something to replace that empty chair in the living room. Anyway, found out he was a widower and we ending up sitting on the sofas having a chat. Forgetting we were in a middle of a shop,  I cried and we laughed together. He was a few years down the line and gave me hope for the future. Can't believe I hugged stranger but it was so comforting. We just understood each other in that moment.

Thank for sharing, made me smile for you.

With lots of love,

Dutsie x

• Good on you both .Life is too short not to take a chance we have to grab any chance of happiness we can .Wishing you both all the best x

Granny Sue

• Hi Lizzy, I'm so pleased you two have met up and are going to keep in touch, you two always has such good banter. Ali x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to AliG55

Thank you all for your replies and wishes

Like I said in the opening post you are all such an important part of my life and have given me such support and kindness

Lizzy x

• Hi Lizzy,

this was such a lovely post and I totally agree with you: this is like a wonderful group of friends and it is not only because we have come here for the same reason but also because of the way we have continued our conversations and showing up here and sometimes sharing very intimate stuff to. I wouldn't want to miss this group and, even though I feel that I have moved on a lot From the first dark months, I still wouldn't leave the group ever. It is way too important to me to stay in touch with you and also to be able to help those who are joining us now and find they need some help and, who knows, maybe I will need it again as well one day.

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• This was such a lovely post. And I am so glad that you two met up in person because I think this is really so important. I agree with you: if I hadn't had this group over the last couple of years, I don't know what I would have done. This group is a tremendous support and I feel that we have all become friends here and not only because we had the same reason of joining this group but also because we have been sharing so much since. And, even though I feel a lot better than I did when I joined this group, I still would not want to leave it behind ever.

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to MelanieL

Thank you Melanie,

I feel so lucky to have been supported by the group, never judged, maybe not always understood by all but given so much strength and courage to move forward. Always welcomed back whenever I pop in.

Today I had a meeting with one of the Directors to discuss my future role, because of this group I was able to tell him exactly what had happened to me and how much I have moved on.

MCC is a very genuine, sensitive man with whom I have been able to share a few more coffees and discussions about life experiences, the highs and lows, good things and bad. I'm so pleased that we were both courageous enough to meet up.

It's good to hear that you are starting to feel like you are moving on and starting to feel better.

Lizzy