2 months

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Its 2 months today that my wife Nancy passed away and I feel like it was today the past few days its hit me hard I had a couple of days were I felt like I was getting better and then wham it was back it's hard to put into words I just wonder if because I didn't cry and feel as sad as I was that somewhere inside me maybe felt guilty and so has brought out another wave of emotions God I just miss her so much the pain I feel is unbearable I had 2 counseling sessions  but the therapist thought it was best to stop that it's to early and I think she's right it was over the phone and I don't think it helped to be honest so I've come to the conclusion that the only thing to do is have a few beers each night to numb some of the pain thanks for listening 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Razzor. Yes, I know. I really do. My husband died on 1st April. It seems so long ago sometimes. Hard to believe that only 10 months ago he was jet washing the patio with no sign of anything wrong, but November he collapsed at work and 5 months later - gone. Other times it brings me to my knees. I do have the odd glass of wine, but I fiind it makes me worse, to be honest. I don't think counselling would help me at the moment, either. I have found that if I resign myself to being sad, it helps a very little bit. At least I am not wondering what to expect - I expect to be sad. 

The pain is, indeed, unbearable, yet we bear it. Please stick with it - it lets you know you are alive. That's the greatest thing, life. I have to believe that just being alive is worth it - our loved ones fought so hard to live, after all. 

• Hi

The tears will flow off and on for a while. I don't cry as much now but still think about him every day. It is 23 weeks for me. 

Sometimes I am sad, sometimes angry, sometimes frustrated .... 

Take your time

Love and hugs Alison xxx