I cant change my avatar ? ? ? ?

• 12 replies
  • 25 subscribers

HAS ANYBODY else had problems trying to change their Community  standard avatar - either a snowflake or rain cloud - to a photograph of their choice? Following the Community guidelines I've repeatedly tried to put up a photo of my wife and I but it always ends in the same failure. The result? That blooming snowflake standard Community avatar I was trying to change from.

Love and Light

Geoff

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Geoff, 

I have tried to change my avatar by editing my profile, but as you say, it's not doing anything even though I have tried multiple times. 

I suggest, the best thing to do is send a private message to the moderator attaching the photo/file you wish to upload and they should be able to do it for you/us.

I hope, this helps. 

Take care 

Andrea 

• Hi Andrea 

I'm not too bothered now. I suspect the site knows of the problem from previous complaints but have put it in the  ' Too difficult tray'   JoyJoy

Love and Light 

Geoff

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Geoff999

Hi Geoff

I'm sorry that you are having trouble changing your avatar, sometimes it is as simple as which device are you using normally it works okay on a laptop but can be a bit awkward if you are using a mobile phone or a tablet and sometimes it just will not change which is just down to the way the screen is displayed on these devices.

Rest assured that the Admin department are fully aware of this problem and are forever bending the ears of the computer techies to find a solution and it is certainly not a case of filing it away in the too difficult tray we keep finding away of waving it under the Techies noses as still to be actioned and Admin will keep at it until they get it resolved.

I think it is a very nice sentiment to want to include your wife's picture as your avatar and we want you to get it in position as soon as possible and the easiest way, at this time, to do it is to send an email to

community@macmillan.org.uk

including the picture of your wife and Admin will insert it into your page for you and all your friends on the site will soon be able to see, Anne, the wonderful lady you were married to for so many years.

If you need any more help please give me a shout out and I'll do what I can to help

Ian

Geoff, if you wouldn't mind including in your email to Admim the type of device your are trying to use mobile phone, tablet or laptop and the make and model of it as this information can help the techies to pinpoint the problem but, and I do stress but if you don't feel like doing it don't worry the important thing at this time is getting the picture of Anne up and running without delay.

- Andrea if you care to follow the above we can get your avatar changed at the same time

Best wishes

Ellen could you keep your eye out for this coming in and help Geoff and Andrea.

Thanks 

Ian

• Thank you so much Ian for your empathic  reply and helpful advice Heart decoration

I've submitted my request through the e-mail address you so kindly supplied. If for any reason it doesn't work out its honestly not a problem. 

My comment concerning the 'Too difficult tray.' was very much tongue in cheek my friend and was never intended to offend. It's a phrase we often used in the Met Police before my retirement. We were a cynical bunch GrinGrin

Love and Light 

Geoff. 

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.

• FormerMember

Geoff

No offence taken, we all know that this has been a problem for sometime and has caused frustration to many, hopefully Monday we will see the picture in its rightful place.

Ian

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Geoff 

I was doing a check to make sure that Admin had managed to change your avatar and I was pleased to see your new profile picture and I hope you are happy with it.

Anytime you want to change it to another favourite one just do exactly the same in the future.

Just like to say that you both made a handsome couple.

If I can be of any help in the future please don't hesitate to contact me at anytime.

Best wishes.

Ian

p.s. I now know where you got your screen name from, you must be one of the few members that has managed to get their work phone number published!

• Thank you Ian. I smiled at your Post Script 

Love and Light 

Geoff

• FormerMember

Geoff

So how did you change your avatar?

I see lots of spouse pictures turning up on here but I've hit the change uploaded a picture and nothing changed

So is there a secret way or have I just done it wrong?

I wondered if they block it as the advice is to not post things that identify you but clearly some pictures make it to the avatar.

Gary

• Hi Gary 

Send an e-mail including the photo you want uploading as your avatar and request Admin change it. Their contact e-mail address is Community @Macmillan.org.uk

Love and Light 

Geoff

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Sorry Geoff, butting in again.

Hi Gary

The email address for admin to change your avatar is actually

community@macmillan.org.uk

Posting a picture of yourself or family members is okay.

The site has a glitch that doesn't easily let the changing of avatars on some devices namely mobile devices and tablets but if you send your special picture to admin they will gladly insert it into you profile page.

Hopefully Geoff will excuse me for butting in on his response!

Ian