Here comes the night

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 24 replies
  • 27 subscribers

So another day over, was it Sunday. Now the night where the dark brings a different kind of loneliness. 

Am I trying to be poetic, yes. 

I wish there was a poet that can express my pain. 

I wish there was a music that could match my emotion. 

I wish my wife, my soulmate, my first date, 

Where here with me tonight. 

One more night. 

I hope my dreams will be of her, the truth is they seldom are.

But somtimes she comes when I'm asleep, so that's where I will wait, till wakefulness and reality will once again remind me, of the hell I find myself in. 

Sorry drunk person texting. 

Xxx 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Newb

Hi Newb, 

I m sure, we have all had the same experience. 

Then it's devastating, when we realise, our loved ones are not there anymore. 

I can still see my husband sitting on the sofa, walking through the door saying Hello Darling, sitting in the garden, reading his papers, watching news, drying up whilst i was washing up. 

Last night i had a beautiful dream about my husband. When I woke up this morning, i don't know, what it was, but it felt nice inside. In my dream we hugded each other and we said, how much we love each other and we felt happy. 

I wish, the evening goes for you, the best it can. 

Love and hugs xx

• Thanks Andrea I have only ever had one dream of my wife would like to have more I wish every night perhaps one night 

Ian
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Newb

Hi Newb, 

I am sure, she will come to your dream.

This was my second dream with my husband since he passed away 8 weeks ago.

I have his / our photos in each room. And i got his shirt under my pillow. When i go to bed, i always ask my husband to cuddle up to me. 

xxx

• I have had a short dream in the first week my wife came out of a door hugged me and went back in I did wake up with my pillow wet must have cried in my sleep

Ian
  • Hello occupational2heal

I lost my beautiful wife of 50yrs marriage a fraction over 2 months ago. In my experience, yes things do seem to ease after a while.  Days that are tolerable but then days full of devastation. However its like a slow drip feed process, little by little the grief attacks reduce. Only microscopicaly but they do ease. Occasionally you'll find yourself smiling at things that were said. Memories of times that were memorable. Even so the grieving process must take its course. And its different for each person. But what I've already said will eventually come your way.

Love and Light

Geoff

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.

• Hi all , I always have a talk with my wife before I go to sleep , and always ask her to be around me at night. I have had I think it’s 4 dreams about her. It’s always nice until you wake up to the reality of what has happened. I spray her perfume on the pillow and it’s like she is actually in the bed when you close your eyes. 

Mike 

Love you always Winnie xx
  • That is so lovely. I was just saying to my daughter that my Mike ( her dad) feels really close even though he’s gone x

Alison 
    Trying to be like the tree that bends with the wind and rain and thus weathers the storm
  • Hi Alison. That is good that you feel your Mike close to you. I have a head and shoulders photo of Winnie on the bed side locker and talk to her before I close my eyes and ask her to be around me during the night. I think only people who have been through what we have will know what I mean. 

Talk to Mike and tell him what has been happening during 5he day. 

He will always be with you. 

Mike 

Love you always Winnie xx
  • I have a bird box put up in crematorium each week I go there and post a live letter to my wife I'm sure she reads them it's a hard road but one we all have to take I'm afraid

Ian
  • Love letter phone talking for me

Ian