Wedding anniversary - what did you do?

• 22 replies
  • 27 subscribers

I'm wondering how others have coped with wedding anniversaries. Ours is at the beginning of March, and it would have been our 22nd (I know it's ages away still but I like to be prepared lol). Every year my hubby gave me flowers the day before and said 'here's the usual floral tribute' with a smile. On the day itself, a book maybe and a special meal. I did the same for him. We weren't into big gestures but my goodness the small ones meant so much. I have no idea how to approach this. On New Year's Eve I just went to bed early which worked OK but NYE wasn't a big deal to us anyway. 

So I'd be v interested to know how those of you who have 'been there and done that' managed, and whether you'd recommend anything that worked for you, as far as it ever could. I am wavering between 'embrace the grief' and 'do something distracting' ...

I will be ferrying our daughter backwards and forwards as it's a normal school day for her, but apart from that the day is a blank canvas! 

Thanks.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

My first anniversary without my husband was last Sunday. The day was taken up with my daughter’s dance show, which was a good distraction. I wished so much her dad was there to see her though. But very few people even acknowledged it, which hurt a lot.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

We spend our anniversary looking through old pictures and videos taken from our special day thanks to Party Booth Glasgow. They captured all the special moments, especially the hilarious dancing from friends and family! 

Always cherish these moments and if your loved ones have passed - I truly send my love and condolences.