Thinking of you today....

• 1 reply
  • 15 subscribers

Hi this is a message for PattyK.

I've been thinking of you today&know it was a year today since you lost your lovely husband. Just wanted to send love and strength to you. I hope the 21st, your anniversary was a day to reflect on all the good memories &you did raise a glass to him. Take care. Xxxx

• Hello Theboys!

Thank you so much for your kind message and thoughts. The actual date of Jay's passing was somewhere between the 23rd and today the 24th they never actually registered his death until the 24th but I always just look on it as the 23rd because to me that was when he `went`. I've just had a quiet and reflective weekend and yes I raised `a few glasses` to him. My son and his partner and my little granddaughter gave me a lovely bunch of flowers and box of chocolates as for what would have been our anniversary. William (my son) got mixed up and thought our wedding anniversary was the 28th and had it in his head that that was when it was. So I think the flowers and chocolates were a kind of `rushed` gesture but lovely all the same and I'm being taken out to dinner this weekend too. 

Busy in the garden today managed to cut away  a section of  tree with lobbers. It belongs to the people on the other side of the fence but the branches keep coming over to my side. This would be a job that Jay would usually do but got a good bit of it done on my own and I'm quite pleased with what I did. Was sweating buckets after I did it didn't realise how much work was in it.  Few more little outside jobs that need doing but hopefully now that the weather is improving i'll get back outside and get into them. In Scotland we `pick a day` when we get the summerSweat smile might be a Tuesday or Wednesday etcSmile.

Just reminding myself what I was doing this time last year and it was just trying to comprehend that I had just become a widow after 40 years of having someone by my side and trying to take things in.  But hopefully he'll be around somewhere still watching over us all he's probably been and inspected that tree already making sure I did a proper jobSmile. Been to recycling and got rid of a lot of trash as well so had quite a productive day. Just chilling now. Thank you so much again for your kinds message I really appreciate it. Take Care. 

Vicky xx