Mum died today

• 4 replies
  • 22 subscribers

Mum died today. A brave battle with this awful ,cruel disease. 

Not really sure how to proceed. 

I am who I am because of my Mum.

How do you even begin to navigate life without the 1 person you need the most? 

On a less selfish note, she is no longer suffering.  Watching her fade away was the most horrendous experience. 

I have 3 children of my own  that she helped me to bring up. 

How do you begin to navigate this?!

• Hi IrishOak welcome to the forum and I am so very very sorry to hear your sad news. There isnt  a right or wrong way to navigate your way through this except to keep putting one foot in front of the other and taking a day at a time all the time carrying the immense love you have in your heart each day. 

Sending some hugs your way.  

gail

Community Champion Badge

• I am so sorry for your loss and I dread the day I have the same questions. I hope you will be OK sending hugs xx

• I'm so sorry for your loss.  I lost my mum in February and I'm still trying to workout how to navigate the pain and how to grieve.

I've only just found this forum today but with the few stories I've read so far, it seems to be the place to share to help find a way through, not feel so alone and know that there are people out there with the same experiences and feelings.

I hope to be brave enough to share my story soon, but feel like I've made a small step in the right direction to find help and you have too. 

• I am with you, I am on a journey now without my mum too.

Be kind to yourself, there was a point where I couldn't see my future so I took the days in 10 minute chunks. It's helped a little to build my confidence back ever so slightly. Talk to mum though, she will be with you in your heart and on your shoulder. You can do this.