Twin sister loss

• 6 replies
  • 21 subscribers

I lost my 33yo twin sister a month ago. She was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer in December after no apparent symptoms so it's been a short whirlwind with no time to process everything and feel like my emotions are still catching up. I spoke with her all-day every day and that's the hardest part so far. 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm really sorry to hear about your recent loss and it must be very difficult as your sister was your twin.

I'm not a member of this forum but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list, and I'm sure some forum members will be along soon.

((hugs))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Sorry  Tracy , i sincerely deep feel for you i do and totally understand.

• If i may ask how are you now? Does it really get any easier like people say or.....?

• I wouldn't say easier, just adapting to it.It's really tough and sad and still doesn't feel real but you just need to allow yourself to grieve, let the tears happen and talk to people. 

• Thanks for reply Tracy.   I agree , its about trying to adapt and it feels like living a whole new life when loss someone.

• Hi!

It is so hard losing a twin. My sister lost her identical twin sister to a brain tumour when she was only 17 years old. My surviving sister (she's 72 this year) has gone through life with a lot of mental health issues and also has mild learning difficulties. It is like losing a half of yourself when you are a twin. For years she would not sleep in her room without an extra bed and people would ask why and she would say that that was her sister's bed. I was only about 6 years old when my sister passed so I was still quite young to understand it all but I was told about it all in later years as I got older. My best wishes to you moving forward and please try to look after yourself. 

Vicky x