Hi.. I guess

• 1 reply
  • 14 subscribers

Good afternoon. I lost my Mum last Sunday to a short fight with cancer. We lost Dad over a decade a go and I'm devastated  and not sure what to feel. I'm glad it was peaceful and not a long fight but bloody hell.

I've gone back to wwork and two days in I'm exhausted. We have over ten days to go before the funeral. My siblings are taking over the legal sumide and I'm glad but I feel useless and numb.

• Hi Guidinglight84 welcome to the forum. I am so very sorry to hear of your sad loss of your mum and how this is leaving you feeling. You feel what you want to feel and nobody has written a book yet that tells us the right way to grieve so we try to find our way through our grief in the best way we know how. It is often the case when we lose a loved one that we seek to try and find some reason, some logic and something that just makes our loss seem more understandable.  Its not surprising that you are feeling exhausted I can imagine that you have not been sleeping well either so that may explain that.  Take your time to grieve and there is no timeframe for that to end, only you will know when you start to feel different. It is still early days for you and your loss will be so raw, so cut yourself some slack and just take a day at a time.

Sending some hugs your way.    

gail

Community Champion Badge