Son died 3 years ago tonight

• 5 replies
  • 15 subscribers

It is exactly 3 years and two minutes since my son died of stomach cancer. I think of him constantly, hundreds of times a day, and lie awake at nights for two or three hours thinking about him, and so angry that he was not warned of the need for a test for Helicobacter Pylori after travelling to underdeveloped countries where it is rife. Govt website giving advice to travelers did not warn about the dangers of this carcinogenic stomach bug. If they had, he, along with the 3000 others who die as a result of it in the UK every year would have tested and been treated before it had the chance to progress to cancer. It would be so simple and cheap to warn travelers and other high risk people, but they still don't. And he had to hear the brutal news at only 40 that there was nothing they could do, it was terminal. Then die in horrendous pain three months later.

• Hi  

I'm so sorry to read about your son and I can't begin to imagine how you feel.

Sending virtual ((hugs))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Tannith, my soul goes out to you, may every second bring you more comfort. sending you a hug from me a stranger....

• Thank you for your kindness in replying. It makes a difference

• there is another thing I wanted to share with you...its about your name,, Tannith, a few life times ago, I lived in the Island of Ibiza in Spain, there I came across the the islands goddess whose name is Tannith. to this day I have a clay ibizencan figure of Tannith and its been more than 50 years she lives with me...

• That's amazing to know. I didn't know she was a goddess of Ibitha. In 1998 we got a puppy  whose mother had 9 pups (all but her and one other died of starvation) from some hippies who were protesting about a by-pass being built near us. The hippie girl's name was Tannith, so we named the dog after her. Apparently Tannith means "little brook" - a very apt name for an (at the time) incontinent puppy! Rebecca (aka Tannith)