Feeling tired all the time.

• 4 replies
  • 16 subscribers

My Mum passed away a week ago. 

I've been busy visiting my dad etc. But apart from that I've not really been doing anything. I'm usually very active at work and at the gym every day but I don't feel like I have the energy. But then I feel guilty if I don't go as I do have a history of body image problems and have been less active leading up to her death due to the hospital visits.

Did anyone else find they were just tired all the time? I'm sleeping fine...probably too much. I don't know whether to just buck up and go as I do feel better afterwards or just rest.

Thanks.

• Hello McFlyMad and welcome to the forum, lost my mum to cancer and like you lost interest in everything, nothing seemed important and it was so difficult to motivate myself, Fortunately my neighbour went on hr holidays and i, as always looked after her dog which forced me to get out and walk the dog which as well as making me feel better physically got me out of feeling sorry for myself. So to answer your question absolutely get yourself back to the gym, take care.

Eddie

• Hi. I've just lost the love of my life. I dealt with the funeral arrangements and wreaths etc,although his sisters did send wreath and a beautiful arrangement.  I am also very tired and feel I'm sleeping a lot! Unfortunately I also have a benign brain tumour and on occasion suffer from headaches, such as now. 

I have a flat full of both his and my clutter as since I moved nearer him, I've mostly been spending time with my fella.  Thank fully I've some great friends who have done so much for me and are there whenever needed.

Sorry, regarding the gym _ just pace yourself and do what feels right.  Don't rush anything and look after yourself.  Kind regards Jane. 

• Hello!

Sorry to hear about your mum. I lost my husband just coming up for 9 months ago. We were together for 40 years and to suddenly lose your life partner after all that time certainly is a shock to the system. I still have what I like to call my `stuck weeks` where I just do not want to go anywhere, do anything or see anybody and yes a lot of sleeping takes place too. My husband had been battling bowel cancer for two years at one point going into remission only for it to come back for him 5 months later and this time it was taking him. He passed on the evening of the 23rd June 2023 two days after out wedding anniversary so he just held on to have one more anniversary with me. Two months later my older sister got the same diagnosis of bowel cancer but her's was not as severe as my husband's and was caught very early ironically she had breast cancer 5 years ago and got rid of that too. So I had to endure her going through all her treatment as well as having to try to grieve for my husband so it has been quite an eventful 9 months for me. I am quite pro-active tho at getting help if I feel I need it `reaching out` as they call it. I have had some counselling but I have numbers for other resources like the text service SHOUT and the I have used the CALM website too at one point I was very desperate when my husband was going through his illness and kept saying that I didn't want to be here if he wasn't going to be but I knew I would never have the courage to see it through. I have a son who lives not far from me with his partner and their little girl so I have my little granddaughter who keeps me going. Just this week I have been back to my GP and she said that this- as they all say is a `journey` and that I may not realise just how much I have been through over the last two years with losing my husband and then more or less having to re-live it all again with my sister although she is now recovering well. She prescribed me some short term Diazepam to try to get myself settled again and just said if I need anything else to get back in contact again. She said there is no right or wrong way to get through this and people just get through it in their own way and at different time scales as there is no set time either. 

I too re-joined my local gym. It was something my husband and myself did together he got a diagnosis of Type 2 Diabetes before his cancer symptoms surfaced so it's something we worked on in getting our weight down but then covid happened and that put paid to that and then later that year was when his cancer symptoms began to surface and from there he went downhill. I hope you find a way of gaining your strength and energy back would like to say it will get easier but I can't because I'm still there navigating through it but my best wishes to you going forward. 

xx

• Sending lots of strength to youHeart️