Missing mum

• 1 reply
  • 18 subscribers

Hi all just join this group think it might help me I lost my mum just over 3 weeks ago I was with her right till the very last moment she took her last breath I took her to nearly every appointment from Jan 2021 right till Nov 2021 and did all her treatment with her when we got told that there was nothing that they could do in the November it blew me away in a way I didn't know what was going to happen or when tender hooks was how I felt never knowing when things was going to get worst but things did over time and trying to help as much as I could but on her very last night I was the only one with her by her bed sides talking with her making sure she was comfortable she told me at that point she loved me and I new that would be the last time hearing her say much more to me since then trying to there to supportive to my dad and family and recently I have been dreaming about the last  bit of time I had with my mum the weird things is that it feels so real to the point where I wake up and still kind of feel her holding my hand like she still there had this a few times when this happens then its hard to get back of to sleep not sure if this is normal grief just don't know thank you for taking the time to reading  my story and letting me share this with you 

• It takes time to work through all the emotions. I lost Mum in May and had some nightmares linked to being with her when she passed. It's getting better with time although Dad's staying with me this week, and we had a blubby tearful time together yesterday. 

I've got to talk to him tomorrow about the next step in probate and I just wish we didn't have to do it. It's like I try and avoid anything I can as self protection. But I know I have to. At least once its done we can pass it back to the solicitors.

However you feel is your journey, and so it's right. I felt privileged to have been with Mum at the end and find comfort in being blessed to be able to be there at home with her. So many people don't get that option. You know she loved you and you kept her safe and surrounded with care and love. And all those memories for you to hold close.

Take care of yourself as you navigate this choppy journey.

Xx