Still hurts,Dad I so miss you

• 2 replies
  • 20 subscribers

So guys,

sending you all strength and support.

I just want to vent and  let it out,I’m over 5 months in to loosing my precious dad ,I thought I was moving on obviously missing him immensely but starting to get on with life.
However for a week now I feel grief as raw as I felt the month after I lost him,I miss him soo much it hurts can’t stop thinking about him I must admit I have stress in other areas of my life right now but missing my dad is in the forefront of my mind .

The nightmares of my dad after death are back but in a weird way they are also comforting as they are so real I see his face and I feel closer to him.

Is this normal to regress after moving on slightly?  I miss him sooooo much would give anything to have him back.

On a plus side my thoughts ( not the nightmares tho) are more positive tho I replay his full of life personality,his beautiful singing voice,his love for music but I ache to have him here 

xxxxx

• Hi Shinebright,

I am really sorry to hear about your dad. I lost my wonderful dad 4 months ago to stomach cancer, after only finding out about 4 and a half months before.

I think the grief comes over I waves. I obviously miss my dad every day, but there are some days where I can get on with things much better. But then I'll go through days where i can't believe that he is gone and I feel so desperately sad. 

I too have been having dreams about my dad lately, which are quite distressing as they are always about the cancer and about whether or not he would come out of hospital.

My dad is on my mind all the time, and I cant see that stopping any time soon.

I too wish I could have him back. I can't believe he is no longer in this world. It doesnt seem possible or real.

How are you feeling this week? xxx

• Hi Shinebright,

Sorry for your loss. 

I lost my dad just over 2 months ago and I am still in the having nightmares about the last few days of his battle, I've not felt as lost and broken as I do right now in my entire life. 

I am unfortunately not in a position to be able to tell you what is  or isn't normal in this process,  but I really hope that you can be as ok as is possible in these hard times.

I'm also in the unfortunate situation of losing my job due to being pressured into going back way too soon, and then getting told 3 times by 1 of the managers that I should just get on and get over it now, and then his wife (another manager) telling me that as it's the school holidays that I will have to work 6 long days (as it is not their fault regarding the inconvenient time of my fathers passing) instead of the 3 shifts  of 6-8 hours that was agreed for me to try and get back to work whilst still signed off. Hence to say I didn't react very well so I got signed off again from the GP, and was then told by text that my p45 is in the post. I guess they really didn't need me to work the 6 long days after all.

Anyway I am not going to say that I know exactly how you feel because I don't as we all have different feelings in these circumstances but I do empathise with you and really hope that you stay strong.

I am really missing my superhero and I am not sure if that feeling will ever ease or be more bearable with time.

Take care mate x