Feeing emotional after #bowelbabe passed away brings it all back

• 2 replies
  • 21 subscribers

Hi all,

I lost my husband January 30th 2022 from GBM4 a brain tumour.

Tonight I learned of Dame Deborah's passing and have just been in floods of tears.

I know I did not know her directly but she took on everything same as my husband and was so positive.

Just really feeling down and lost and struggling with grief and another loss even though not close if hard to cope with.

Does anyone else feel the same?

Anyone have tips on how to sleep at night as that is something I am massively struggling with since losing my husband.  I don't know if it is just being lonely at night now or whether it is reliving those last moments every night.  GP is helping and counselling but wanted to put these questions out there to see if anyone else has or is going through this.

Hubby was treated at home during final stages, it was tough.  Tried all sorts of apps and meditations plus medications nothing seems to work.  Don't think there will be an easy answer but tonight has knocked me learning of another passing.

Thanks for reading and big love to you all xxx

• Sorry to hear about your loss :( I think once you lose someone to cancer hearing of any passing feels like a punch but more so with her for some reason. I feel it also.

Sleep 

Things that have worked for me:

Try to get to bed and out of bed at the same time

Exercise

Avoid Alcohol and sugar

Don't use phone/tablet in bed

The Macmillian support line are really good. The lines are closed today (Wed29th) for maintenance but reopen tomorrow 8am  0808 808 0000

Hope you can get some sleep

Eddiex

• Yes, I am exceptionally sad about her passing too.

When Mum was first diagnosed with Stage IV bowel cancer in February,  a friend of mine mentioned Deborah and her 5 years of treatment and I looked up more about her. I don't really watch TV or read newspapers, so I'd never heard of her. She was so inspirational- I gave to her fund and bought a t shirt. 

Mum talked about her too as she battled unable to have treatment. Mum died at the end of May, similar time to Deborah leaving treatment for hospice care at home. I was delighted to see her able to enjoy a few exciting days out and activities in the first month she was back at her parents home.

I'm gutted she has passed too. It's beyond sad.