Feeling Low and don’t know what to do

• 1 reply
  • 19 subscribers

I found out last week that my mother has got 6 months at most left. Since receiving the news I have felt so sad that I don’t know if I’ll ever be happy again. I’m constantly on the brink of tear and keep having break downs.

I’m trying to be strong for her because she doesn’t want me to cry and be sad (she sees death differently to me) but I’m really struggling at the moment.

I feel so low all the time and I’ve started getting snippy with people in my life. I have a highly stressful job (emergency services) that requires me to have my head together but I’m really struggling at the moment. 

all I can think about is how I’m not going to have a mum, I’m only in my 20s and I don’t know if I can cope without her. I’m married and have my dad and sister but I just feel like I’m bothering people with my sadness and I don’t want to bring others down. 

Im so sick of feeling so terrible and just want it to go away. Any tips on coping with the endless pit of sorrow would be very much welcome. 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that your mum has recently been told that her cancer is incurable and it's understandable that you're feeling as you do.

As you know, the online community is divided up into different support groups so I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you join the supporting someone with incurable cancer group which is a safe and supportive place to discuss your emotions, as well as practical issues, with others in a similar situation.

If you'd like to join just click on the link I've created and then join and post in the same way as you did here. You can also join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

If you have any difficulty navigating the community just drop me a reply and I'll be pleased to help

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"