Preparing for the death of a parent at a young age

• 1 reply
  • 19 subscribers

I'm only in my early 20's and had the news that my mum will only have  3 weeks to 3 months left. I've never dealt with death before and I'm not sure how to prepare for somthing like this. I don't speak about my feelings often to anyone I'm extremely closed off however am looking for some guidance. Thankyou

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that your mum has recently been told that she only has a short time left and it's natural that you want to find ut what to expect.

As you know, the online community is divided up into different support groups so I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you join the supporting someone with incurable cancer group which is a safe and supportive place to discuss your emotions, as well as practical issues, with others in a similar situation.

If you'd like to join just click on the link I've created and then join and post in the same way as you did here. You can also join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

If you have any difficulty navigating the community just drop me a reply and I'll be pleased to help

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"