Emotions after mums passing

• 2 replies
  • 19 subscribers

My mum passed away in January of this year from stage 4 breast cancer. We had a very good relationship and were really close. However I am struggling with how I am dealing with my emotions after losing her. Up until she passed away I had what the usual emotions should be, stress, worry, lots of tears! However, now, I can’t seem to cry like I used to. When she died I didn’t cry at all and now when i think of her I release a few tears but that’s about it. i feel like I’ve been able to get on with my life quite easily without her and I’m starting to feel guilty that it’s not affecting me as much as it should do. I’ve read and have been told that this is just my body in shock and that it will hit me all at once, just wondering whether anyone else feels this way? 

Sending lots of love towards everyone in this group Heart️

• Sorry to hear about your Mum. My dad passed in March and feel the same. Guilty that I should be crying and feeling more. I was prepared for his death and put it down to that but really I think repressing it a little and it will come out soon enough. Have you been able to talk to someone in person ?

• I feel like this!! Like I am just getting on with my life and I feel guilty and upset. My mum passed last august out of the blue. I lost my dad when I was 15. I remember my life being upside down and going off the rails. Somewhat different now as I have my own daughter. Life changes you. I miss her deeply , sending you healing hugs